Make a donation

Author Topic: Pirelli & Scirocco the end of an era  (Read 27319 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: black & blue
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:44 am »
Very nice, it does look like VW have managed to kill of the sales of 3 door GTis though  :confused:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Black & Blue Updated with Pics (who said vinyl was dead)
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 12:15:45 am »
bit of an update on the car front as done nothing since February

been spending more time in the Pirelli and absolutely loving it, nothing done mod wise except a small addition to interior, some minor performance mods are planned  :drool:

Pirelli logo added inside (so jealouse of you Ed30 guys), donated to me from Crazy Quiffs as they are for the centre caps for the original Pirelli P slots on the mk1 so a nice link back :happy2:

scirocco has been a bit out of sorts (mainly as having so much fun in the GTI) and was looking at selling it, however, have changed my mind and been doing a few pits and pieces

had been planning some vinyl for ages and based on SteveP and Greenouse's recommendations booked the car in with Alex at Chameleon in Daventry, initial plan was to have a few bits done in gloss vinyl (so i can easily turn the car back to stock), however, i didn't like it and thought the CF vinyl suited the roc, however, this meant more vinyl to get rid of the gloss detailing on the car, however, meant the car has a more unique look than cars i've had pass through the rocco forums

bits done were

1) rear diffuser section of rear bumper
2) side sections to rear hatch
3) front grill
4) lower lip to bumper
5) front and rear badges

decided to leave the wing mirrors as a bit obvious on the roccos, really pleased with the results and look of the car as its a bit more muted, some pics as had great weather and gave it a quick clean, also show off new Scirocco Central logo which Roo Signs designed for us

front

rear

logo really catches the outline of the car

some general piccies

also popped into to Volkwagen Racing for a VWR panel filter and VWR short shift (nice to be the first customer for some road roc bits and the new website worked), we'll see how the filter performs on RR day (car seems more eager) and have to say short shift is a great addition to the car (i'd say an essential mod on the manual rocco), i can't speak highly enough of the service i got from Mark Farmer from VWR and the team and his help on other plans

next priority is the zorst where a couple of avenues are being expored as want something a little different in terms of look  :wink: have a coupl of ideas alloy wise i'm contemplating one involving a colour change with the standard 18's and some spaces to widen the stance, want to keep the car looking low key

thanks for reading  :drinking:

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 12:49:46 am »
Very nice, I'd love to see more pics of the Golf too please!...

Offline bennylenny88

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • needs moar lowwww
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 01:55:16 am »
still to see a pirelli on the road its certainly a rare beast
some fu*ker in a pirelli edition pulled out on me, stopped and then continued to pull out on me!

but yeah nice cars and id love to own both :D

2 x cerwin vega 15" subs and MTX 1000D amp with box and complete wiring for sale.. PM for details

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 07:46:23 am »
the rocco looked great when i passed you the other day mate  :drool:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:01:27 am by NEWEY »

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 09:25:58 am »
Looks frikin ace Andy!  :happy2:

Lookin forward to seeing her in the flesh tomorrow!  :jumpmove:

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 09:30:51 am »
Wigit, the Pirelli looks great in the piccies, surprisingly similar to mine  :smiley:

I still have not seen another on the road and probably never will.

You will love the remap, it just makes the thing fly. The pull in 4th, 5th and 6th gears is amazing. The map on mine must limit the power/torgue in 1st and 2nd and a bit in 3rd as you do not notice it as much. Good thing as it puts less strain on the drivetrain
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 10:16:09 am »
Both very nice Andy. 8)  Not normally a big fan of carbon, but the Roc suits it well, although I'm abit undecided about the badges.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 10:24:45 am »
TT a few on here know i was not going CF and then put it against the car, bagdes were a nightmare for Alex compared to GTI, put them on to show the look, having my spares painted up black to compare

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 10:34:24 am »
I like it mate, the black badges suit the car very well and the rest is very subtle...spot on  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 03:07:35 pm »
Loving that Andy!!!!. Looking foward to seeing both tommorow mate :happy2:

Offline Deacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 05:43:09 pm »
Both look fantastic  :drool:

Deacon

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
Re: Black & Blue Updated (a day out at Revo with Blue)
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »
i've been in discussions with Revo since october regarding their scirocco map, having decided the Pirelli will go Revo and been privy to more detailed information on the 1.4 map they did for a fellow rocco owner i've been itching

Revo wanted a scirocco for GTI International and a manual car to do some dyno testing which linked in well with me asking who they used given i wanted some idependant figures on mine with Bluefin

yesterday was not the best day for doing dyno runs with intake temps over 50 degrees when we ran Bluefin and stock and around 65 when we ran the Revo, temps were due to the weather with 15 minute cool downs, runs were on Maha rollers

we could not get better than 243bhp out of Bluefin with intake temp of 53 degrees (at rr day 268bhp at 39 degrees), the Revo runs had intake temps of 60 at the end of the day and graphs are below

having seen the figures, was a no brainer, having driven it back 30 miles to revo hq again no brainer, interestingly we noticed the flash counter was showing 6 on my car (which is spot on) and was the final nail in the coffin

at Revo hq have added a few additions as its on the Revo Stand at GTI International this weekend for the launch

many thanks for Carl and Kev for organising everything, Nick who developed the map and gave an insight into the the development and capability of the roc's engine whilst we were at the dyno (mk6 GTI is looking good), masterclass in customer service guys, which i'd got it right first time  :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 12:51:44 pm »
very nice  :happy2: the new engines from VW certainly do the business..
In terms of your flash count , did you mean the SC incremented the flash counter (as its not supposed to?), just wasnt clear from your writeup  :ashamed:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 12:55:57 pm »
in reality don't no if bluefin was meant to reflash the ecu count (i'm checking but propably not), issue is flick car back to standard is great but ecu flash was showing six so not product for me