Make a donation

Author Topic: Some advice needed on interior swap!  (Read 2013 times)

Offline MrVW1589

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
  • Eat Sleep VW
    • Email
Some advice needed on interior swap!
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:22:09 pm »
Im gonna be swapping my standard cloth interior for some full leather interior I hunted down off a 2008 R32 and my mechanic mentioned make sure you disconnect your battery an hr before you take your existing seats out or my air bags would go off?! Like don't think he was pulling my leg but wanted to ask you guys the question before I crack on as I'm sure someone's done this a few times and I'd rather know first! & is there any way of using the heated seats on my new interior even if I didn't have heated seats before? I've can I buy something or a cable or something to adapt this to work?! Any advice much appreciated

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: Some advice needed on interior swap!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:42:36 pm »
before messing around with any of the airbag stuff i always disconnect battery and leave for about 10 mins, just what i prefer to do, other people don't do this and still manage to work on the seats or wheel no problem, so really its down to how lucky you feel
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 12:55:08 pm »
It wont necessary go off but i would d/c
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline MrVW1589

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
  • Eat Sleep VW
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:25:49 pm »
Okay no worries, I think I'll definitely disconnect battery for half hour before I do it! & does anyone know what you'd need to use the heated seats when I don't currently have this, so what would I need in terms of cables etc so I can get them? Or is it really gonna be too much work to be worth it?

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:41 pm »
Okay no worries, I think I'll definitely disconnect battery for half hour before I do it! & does anyone know what you'd need to use the heated seats when I don't currently have this, so what would I need in terms of cables etc so I can get them? Or is it really gonna be too much work to be worth it?

This should help you  :happy2:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62645.0.html