Make a donation

Author Topic: Hoky Father,it's been 18years since my last confession...  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
Hoky Father,it's been 18years since my last confession...
« on: January 31, 2015, 01:58:55 pm »
I've been having unnatural thoughts.

I like looking at Alfa Romeo's.
I was,at one point,tempted by replacing a Corrado with a Brera V6.But,after a lot of self loathing and doubt, I eventually got over it and came back to my senses.
Now,I'm having the same thoughts about the Giulietta and the 4C.
I can't even think about the 8C without having to go and lie in a darkened room for a while.
I would tell you about the GTV or the Alfasud but I fear that I may be condemned to an eternity in hell for such licencious thoughts.
Please help me Hoky father,for I know that without your help,I may be doomed to an eternity,standing at the roadside with a pretty but temperamental piece of Italian engineering.

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: Hoky Father,it's been 18years since my last confession...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:30:09 pm »
The Alfa Romeo 4C is beautiful. There's no denying it, so don't feel bad about looking longingly at them. I have even thought about a Guilietta myself as they are one of the best looking hatch backs there is.

A Golf is sensible and reliable with reasonable looks. Just want you want in a life partner. But the Alfa's are the hot, crazy ones. Beautiful to behold but likely to leave you stranded at the road side wishing you'd of remained faithful...

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline GTIEagles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: Hoky Father,it's been 18years since my last confession...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 07:22:46 am »
Don't be ashamed, Alfas are beautiful cars and as soon as you drive one you can see why people get the bug. A few years ago I bought a neglected Alfa GTV. The heating didn't work due to a small electrical fire! So I basically rewired the whole loom behind the dash to eventually get it working. Various bits of trim had broken off and the bonnet had a hole in it. Mechanically it was fine and everytime I drove it I always got out with a massive smile on my face. My advice would be to get one but get a well maintained one and be prepared to keep on top of the maintenance. I don't think you would regret it.