Make a donation

Author Topic: Not quite a golf, and not quite a GTI.  (Read 9111 times)

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Not quite a golf, and not quite a GTI.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 11:27:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum man! I was only saying to my mate the other day that I'm surprised you aren't on this forum! Was talking about how yours is one of the best Jettas out there!!! Look forward to see what you do to it over this season
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline Tom.

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 10:19:48 am »
Welcome to the forum Tom,car looks excellent

Thanks!  :happy2:

Great build! Awesome wheels you've got and had.  :smiley:  Those seats look great, just not loving the purple. I'd go for black or camel. But glad there are different tastes so we can have the chance to see different and beautiful cars from others as well.

The boot build is awesome too. :notworthy:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate. Interior is always going to be marmite! Its just one of them colours. Personally I'd love to retrim it all in tan leather, but unfortunately my money wont stretch that far any more.  :drinking:

Welcome to the forum man! I was only saying to my mate the other day that I'm surprised you aren't on this forum! Was talking about how yours is one of the best Jettas out there!!! Look forward to see what you do to it over this season

Thanks Shane. Been signed up for a good while, but never got round to posting. Thankyou for the kind words too! Things are going to be a bit steady this year. More than likely be a case of new wheels and then just swap and change wheels all year with a few of my close friends (we've got 6-7 sets of rather special wheels between us, including one set of complete one offs, so keep your eyes peeled!)
Hopefully see you about a bit this year!  :drinking:

Safe to say this thing is sexy! Not a massive fan of the seats, but i appreciate everyones different tastes.

You do however have good taste in wheels! Futuras  :love: Wanted a set, but 18's are pretty rare, and my last set of 17's looked tiny!  :grin:

Keep it up - More progress please!  :happy2:

Thankyou  :drinking: As above, interior is always going to be marmite, and there are days I question myself why I went for it! Key with 17's is to make them really wide with lots of dish!

Offline Tom.

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »
Had a ride out yesterday evening to have a play with the camera. Here's a few of the shots I took.

IMG_8178 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8169 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8179 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8181 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8191 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:27 pm »
Beautiful as always :)

Offline Tom.

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 07:03:02 pm »
Spent a few days last week building my new wheels up, getting them on the car and sat right, and getting the car cleaned up ready for Ultimate Dubs. Few little hickups along the way, and its still not quite how I want it, but all in all I'm happy.

OZ Futura's, 17x9.5 ET30 on the front, and 17x10 ET25 on the back. 205/45 tyres all round, rear camber maxed out, and some good strong fitment.

IMG_8275 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8271 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8266 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

IMG_8262 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

Little work to do on the front fitment, but gonna have to look at machining up a subframe to allow me to countersink the bolts, as its sitting down on them and isn't quite low enough.

Offline Tracey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87962.0.html
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:17 pm »
What a lovely car  :drool: I taught I was bad for alloys! The Futuras are looking ace! IF ya ever get bored with them you could do the centres the same gray as the Jetta! I have my RH ZW4's centres done gray and I think they look good! Seen a guy in America with a grey golf with futuras with the centres done in a dark orange and they look crazy!

Any other plans with the car?

Offline Tom.

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 10:07:35 pm »
Futura's will definitely be staying silver, but my other set of splits are going all grey once I've got the time/patience to split them down.

11008915_1012219635473819_889250384_n by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »
Great work, Tom