Make a donation

Author Topic: George's Bagged Black GTI! *NOW WITH ROTIFORM WHEELS*  (Read 22662 times)

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93533.msg937034.html#msg937034
George's Bagged Black GTI! *NOW WITH ROTIFORM WHEELS*
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:39:19 pm »
Hi guys,

I've been meaning to make a build thread for absolute ages but have never got round to doing one, but today's the day!  :jumpmove: :rolleye:
As soon as I saw the first picture on the advert, I knew this car was the one I was going to buy :laugh:
I got the car in July 2013, FSH, 55k miles, two previous owners, genuine 18" Monzas, RNS 510, cruise control, dual climate etc, so a reasonably well spec'd car!

Here is the car when I first got it home with my plate on:

It was pretty much standard, just with a few subtle mods. The previous owner had genuine edition 30 front and rear bumpers fitted, along with the side skirts and rear lights. I'm not a fan of the black plastic, so I was chuffed to find this had already been done! He had also fitted an RNS 510, chrome surrounds the climate controls, some nice GTI seat inserts; I'll upload interior photos tomorrow/later in the week.

I kept it standard until I turned 21 as insurance wasn't very appealing when I mentioned mods :signLOL: So all I done for the first year was got a sub and amp.

I turned 21 in September, so was able to get it lowered. After doing a fair bit of research, I decided to go with AP coilovers. The backs had the adjusters out and the fronts had about 20mm thread left, this is how it sat:

It stayed on coilovers until roughly one week ago, when I came to my senses and got it put on bags! I got in touch with car audio security and got it booked in to have the Air Lift Performance kit with V2 management fitted, slam struts front and back, I wasn't messing around this time :laugh:

As you can imagine, I was extremely happy with this decision as the outcome is absolutely perfect, I couldn't be happier! They also done an incredible job with the boot build which I'll include when I upload some interior photos later on.

Throughout the year and a half of owning the car, I also replaced the interior lighting with LEDs from DamoP (still need to finish doing the footwells lol), changed the number plate bulbs to LED, along with the reverse light. Also retrofitted highline clocks, full set of genuine MK6 chrome switches and a genuine US spec front grill which I then sprayed in plastidip to make it matte black to match my front badge. Again I'll put up photos of this all soon.

So as it stands, this is my car :love:

I don't have an awful lot more I want to do with it. The list of future mods as of now looks like this:
  • Air intake - probably the P-Flow intake, but advice will be appreciated! I want lots of wooshy noises
  • Xenons, probably the Depo ones, genuine ones seem hard work and pricey!
  • MK6 MFSW
  • ED30 Gear Knob
  • Possible wiper delete
  • Cat back exhaust, probably from EMP

Thanks a lot, hope you lot enjoy what you see! :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:49:47 pm by Georrge »

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: George's Bagged Black GTI!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:48:11 pm »
Looks good George!

Brilliant start - Do you plan on changing the wheels at all?  :happy2:

Looks like you have a brilliant car there, get the interior & boot build pics up!  :happy2:

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93533.msg937034.html#msg937034
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:52:23 am »
Thanks a lot!

If I'm completely honest, I actually really like the Monzas! But May/June i'll start thinking about getting some for the summer just to change it up a bit :smiley:

I'll aim to get some later on providing it isn't dark when I get home :happy2:

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:45:39 pm »
I got a few quick interior shots earlier, starting with the genuine MK6 chrome switches/new door pull handles:

The passenger side is also done, but didn't think it was necessary to show that. This little mod is really easy to do, with the exception of the fuel cap switch, that took maybe 20 minutes to do as it's rather fiddly!

Next up is my boot build. The sub box I got off ebay, there is/was a seller that made them, really nice fit! Caraudiosecurity then worked their magic and worked around that when fitting the air installation. The two go hand in hand, and in the dark the LED boot light really gives a good shine on the tank! :laugh:

Then finally we have the cockpit! Cloth interior (love the tartan stitching!), RNS 510, highline clocks, chrome climate surrounds :smiley:

I think that's pretty much it for the time being, don't think I've missed anything out!

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:49:00 pm »
This is a stunning example mate!! really liking the way this is going! will we be seeing you at the shows this year?

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »
This is a stunning example mate!! really liking the way this is going! will we be seeing you at the shows this year?
Thanks a lot! Yeah most likely, are you going to UD?

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:32:00 am »
I've got one of those cheap ebay induction kits which I've extended to meet the foglight so it gets colder air (with an open foglight grille) and it sounds pretty mad, makes all sorts of turbo noises but they might be exaggerated because I have a K04.

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 12:34:34 pm »
I've got one of those cheap ebay induction kits which I've extended to meet the foglight so it gets colder air (with an open foglight grille) and it sounds pretty mad, makes all sorts of turbo noises but they might be exaggerated because I have a K04.
Haha nice, do you have any videos of the sound? I already have open fog grills so that's one step completed :grin:

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »
I don't but I'll try and make one tomorrow. From inside the car when you start getting onto boost you really hear the turbo, makes bov noises when coming off the throttle and the wastegate flutter sounds awesome. It's a lot louder outside the car too, when you're flooring it as the car is coming towards you it sounds like a tornado (lol)

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:03 pm »

Yes mate, i will be at UD. will have to come and take a look  :drool:

Offline Wildengti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 09:08:40 am »
How do you get a sub to work with your standard headunit??
Instagram- sam__gti

Mk5 GTI OEM+ BBS CH

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 04:29:36 pm »
I don't but I'll try and make one tomorrow. From inside the car when you start getting onto boost you really hear the turbo, makes bov noises when coming off the throttle and the wastegate flutter sounds awesome. It's a lot louder outside the car too, when you're flooring it as the car is coming towards you it sounds like a tornado (lol)
Haha that sounds perfect, please make a video for me haha!

Yes mate, i will be at UD. will have to come and take a look  :drool:
Ok sweet, I'll get in touch if I can go! :happy2:

How do you get a sub to work with your standard headunit??
You need to use a LOC (Line Out Converter), I followed this guide: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163905
Make sure to get a good quality one though others it will just fail, I found this out the hard way. £3 from Halfords didn't quite cut it haha, had to spend I think £20 in the end but it's perfect!

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • www.instagram.com/marky_n
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 09:33:43 pm »
Nice car man! Loving the subtle boot build.

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:16:57 am »
Really poor video but you can kinda hear it here. I've got a non res milltek too and the sunroof was open so there's a few other noises going on.
It's actually a lot louder in real life, mic doesn't really pick up the sound properly.

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 06:04:32 pm »
Nice car man! Loving the subtle boot build.
I'm chuffed with the boot build, nice and simple and does the job! I have to be careful what I put in the boot though as the sub is vulnerable, I normally just use the back seats tbh haha

Really poor video but you can kinda hear it here. I've got a non res milltek too and the sunroof was open so there's a few other noises going on.
It's actually a lot louder in real life, mic doesn't really pick up the sound properly.

Something sounds amazing, not sure if it's your miltek or the intake! Is that the engone management light on?  :scared:

Instagram @george_kersh