Make a donation

Author Topic: My Tornado Red MK5 GTI  (Read 1621 times)

Offline c11ris

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
My Tornado Red MK5 GTI
« on: May 13, 2015, 11:45:56 pm »
So After getting a new job I decided to treat myself to a car I've wanted for a while. So a couple of weeks before christmas I picked up my MK5. Its a 2005 manual with 113k and a fairly comprehensive history, heated leather. And my favourite colour red!

Since I've picked it up I've made a few small changes and fixed a few issues. Some electrical gremlins in the form of buggered door locks and a chewed wiring loom on the rear doors. New plugs, an oil filter fresh oil, a thermostat and I bought a neuspeed intake as it has already been mapped.

Pics:
Here it is the day I brought it home.

A bit of detailing my OCD really kicked in.
Exhaust tips before:

and after

Headlights restored as they where a bit faded:
Before

During

After

Took the rear bumper off and gave it a bit of a clean:
Before

After

Also took the number plate holder off the front when I fitted my new 3 digit plate:

I've been washing it every week with the Anachem range (a local Northern Ireland cleaning company) but I had yet to polish it so I took into it yesterday, washed, detarred, clayed and then treated with a coat of 50cal detailings (another local company) filler glaze applied with a finishing pad on the buffer and a coat of pentawax. First time using filler glaze and I was very impressed. No close ups just 1 pic when I was done:

Also the keen eyed would notice that its sitting lower at the back. It failed MOT on a broken rear spring (about 1/4 of the last coil) So I ordered up a set of ST 30mm springs, fitted the rears and stuck it back through the MOT, I ordered up a set of top mounts from TPS last week and I will stick the front springs in when I get a chance will hopefully sit pretty well.

Heres a pic of it with its much older brother when I took it out for a wash last week.

Also I tried on my set of Helios wheels before it was lowered. Think they are a bit big for it but will try them again when its lowered.

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
Re: My Tornado Red MK5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:57:12 am »
Comprehensive clean then Chris,need some better shots to show the full extent of the good work  :happy2: