Make a donation

Author Topic: New member from Ireland  (Read 4350 times)

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
New member from Ireland
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:31:52 pm »
Hi Folks, I'm Andy and from Ireland. I have recently bought my first mk5 gti and heard this was the best site for the best info! I have owned a few older vags but my mk5 being the freshest and best :)

Spec:
Tornado red 3 door
Standard engine
Heated leather
Auto wipers
Auto lights
17" monza's

Plans:
New wheels
Small drop in suspension
Stage 1 map
RNS 310

And just enjoy it mostly :)

Here's a few pictures

All comments welcome

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:56:38 pm by AndyeireGTI »

Offline J60RWN

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: New member from Ireland
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »
Welcome Andy!

Car looks great! what part of Ireland are you from?

Any particular wheels in mind?

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 02:13:32 pm »
Welcome Andy!

Car looks great! what part of Ireland are you from?

Any particular wheels in mind?
Thanks! I'm from the east... A place called Leixlip in County kildare beside Dublin!

I'm thinking of going for the BBS VZ on silver. The same as the wheels that came on the edition 30. As for how low to lower the car I have no idea yet..
Was looking at eibach springs 40-45mm. I don't want the car sitting on the ground, just a small drop to fill the arch a bit more.

Offline J60RWN

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 02:23:12 pm »
Im from just outside of Belfast, Carrickfergus. Been in Blanchardstown a few times (which isn't too far away from you?) and Dublin a good bit.

Always thought the ed30 came with pescaras, are the VS similar/another name for them?

Sounds good, I'm considering springs as well but only if insurance allows, seems the combination of my age and points on my liscence doesn't help though  :sad1:

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »
Cool! Will you be attending dubshed next month then?

No most of my family are from blanchardstown.

Oh really pescaras? I was just in getting a price on them yesterday and called them bbs Vz in the email? Will double check before I order them so ha

Do you HAVE to report mods you have done to your car to insurance every time?

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 02:30:53 pm »
Pescara seems to be the right name for the alloys anyway. Hmm....

Offline J60RWN

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 02:44:21 pm »
Yes will definitely be there, you? Been the past few years and really enjoyed it

Well at least with the VS you'd be getting them as a brand new wheel instead of looking for a second hand set of pescaras!

Haha well I suppose its down to personal opinion but I've always tried to declare most things on past cars like coilovers/wheels etc.

Hopefully picking my GTI up this weekend, been without a car for about a month now so cant wait!

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 02:46:33 pm »
Yeah ill be making the trip up this year for the night!

I think vw named them pescara themselves when selling them. Will be ordering them next week hopefully!

Is this a new gti your getting? Spec?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 02:53:37 pm »
Hi Andy, always nice to see more and more lads from Ireland. I'm from Clondalkin myself and had been working in Leixlip the past 2 years before the new contract came along a few months back!

The car looks very clean and the only thing letting it down are those 17" single tone monzas but I see you have plans to change them!

You only have a few plans now but as you see the changes some other people on here make you'll start to upgrade more and more.... I'd consider a set of xenon lights big time and take those reg plates surrounds off for a set of German pressed ones. Has to be pressed metal for the best look!

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions on your new buy and take a look at my build and detailing threads if you want a quick look at what I've done to date! Good luck

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89106.msg902491.html#msg902491

Offline J60RWN

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 02:54:31 pm »
Great, make sure you get some pics up when they're on!

Unfortunately not haha, its a private sale second hand:

1 owner from new
66,500 miles (ish)
FSH
Black
3 door
DSG
Heated leather
18" Monza 2
Winter pack

Pretty much standard! Last car was an Audi A3 1.6 petrol so the GTI will be a welcome change  :driver:

Offline J60RWN

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »
Hi Andy, always nice to see more and more lads from Ireland. I'm from Clondalkin myself and had been working in Leixlip the past 2 years before the new contract came along a few months back!

The car looks very clean and the only thing letting it down are those 17" single tone monzas but I see you have plans to change them!

You only have a few plans now but as you see the changes some other people on here make you'll start to upgrade more and more.... I'd consider a set of xenon lights big time and take those reg plates surrounds off for a set of German pressed ones. Has to be pressed metal for the best look!

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions on your new buy and take a look at my build and detailing threads if you want a quick look at what I've done to date! Good luck

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89106.msg902491.html#msg902491

Hi Luke, you mentioned xenon lights, can you recommend anywhere to pick up a set?

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »
Cheers Luke! Where you out here in intel?

Yeah I'm sure I will get plenty of inspiration from the forum! The 17's kill the car definitely. Also I have the German pressed plates on with volkswagen.ie surrounds on them.. I took the previous ones off!

Will get a good read of the threads later and pick up a few ideas no doubt ☺

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 02:58:27 pm »
Big step up in cars so haha I've had a mk4 gti and a mk2 gti along with a few other vags but the mk5 still has me smiling haha

Offline J60RWN

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 03:14:28 pm »
Always heard good reports from the Mk5 GTI so hopefully I'll be the same. I'll get pics of it up when I get it

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »
Cheers Luke! Where you out here in intel?

Yeah I'm sure I will get plenty of inspiration from the forum! The 17's kill the car definitely. Also I have the German pressed plates on with volkswagen.ie surrounds on them.. I took the previous ones off!

Will get a good read of the threads later and pick up a few ideas no doubt ☺

I wasn't no, I'm actually the reason you have good clean drinking water ;) I was the assistant contracts manager for the new water treatment plant there up by the damn.

Get those surrounds off, curve your plates to fit the car and use ultra strong double sided tape for a clean finish!