Make a donation

Author Topic: EML on - Intake manifold flap  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Jknight89

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
EML on - Intake manifold flap
« on: January 26, 2015, 04:35:46 pm »
Hi guys. engine management light came on yesterday and stayed on all day. Today the light has gone off. Had it plugged in and its come up with Intake manifold runner control basic setting not completed P3137 Upper limit reached - intermittent. The fault won't clear but the engine management light isn't on. Has anybody come across this fault before? Do you have to replace the intake manifold flap?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:07:13 pm by Jknight89 »

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: EML on - Intake manifold flap
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:14:30 pm »
Had this on my old Edition 30,reset and set value's and would alway's screw up a few week's later,you would be better going for a new intake manifold runner.Get second opinion though as it's not easy to fit.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:48 am »
In addition to sanj's input, what plugs are you using as I've had this issue when using Nology silver plugs.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Jknight89

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:40:51 pm »
i believe the spark plugs are still the original set as theres no record of them being changed in the paperwork i have. its just done 40k. i googled the fault code and it seems to be an adaption issue. worth readapting it first and seeing if the fault clears before changing the manifold flap i think

Offline Jknight89

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:25:27 pm »
Ok quick update. Car went into the workshop today at the garage where I bought it from. Guys were really helpful. They managed to reset the basic settings and clear the fault. I have been rebooked anyway as a parking sensor needs replacing. They were planning to check the fault memory again on my next visit. Unfortunately the engine light is back on now. Lasted about 80 miles. Looks like another visit to the workshop is needed

Offline Jknight89

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 04:20:11 pm »
Hi guys another update. The car was back at the dealer this week. They stripped it down and found that the motor controlling the manifold running flaps was seized. They replaced the motor and now the fault hasn't returned. Unfortunately I picked the car back up and now I have noticed that the oil filler cap has been broken. And also the air intake hasn't been refitted properly and the top part is completely missing.