Make a donation

Author Topic: Marky N - VW Golf MKV GTi  (Read 18871 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Marky N - VW Golf MKV GTi
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2015, 08:45:37 am »
I havn't heard the derv sound can be attributed to the cam follower before

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • www.instagram.com/marky_n
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »
@Peskyjones a few people have said this but since I have changed mine it's a different car. The MPG is slightly better and the engine is a lot quieter too

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »
I'm getting mine done tomorrow hopefully.....didn't realise it makes a difference to the way the car sounds

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2015, 01:37:32 am »
I'm getting mine done tomorrow hopefully.....didn't realise it makes a difference to the way the car sounds

@z00bz where you getting yours done? Need mine changing as its bugging me had the part sitting for about a month now!

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2015, 07:42:02 am »

@z00bz where you getting yours done? Need mine changing as its bugging me had the part sitting for about a month now!

I'm just getting a local mechanic to do mine based in Evington area, only coz I have the banjo style fuel pump which is a PITA @shoaybmakda

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2015, 09:41:22 am »

I'm just getting a local mechanic to do mine based in Evington area, only coz I have the banjo style fuel pump which is a PITA @shoaybmakda

@z00bz I have the banjo style one on mine. Was abit of a nightmare but just had to undo or move a few other pipes out the way and was easy enough to go to. Just time consuming

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
Marky N - VW Golf MKV GTi
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2015, 09:46:58 am »

@z00bz I have the banjo style one on mine. Was abit of a nightmare but just had to undo or move a few other pipes out the way and was easy enough to go to. Just time consuming

I've had abit of a nightmare with mine, banjo bolt dropped somewhere in the engine bay and we spent hours finding it and failed :-( so now my car can't move from the garage until new banjo bolt arrives tomorrow morning from TPS.........p***** off!!!

Looking at the brighter side....I'll have a new banjo bolt which my mechanic is paying for!!

Old 1 on the right at 99k

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2015, 07:33:54 pm »
@z00bz which garage was it can I ask? I need mine doing and need to find someone who'll have a go at it (hopefully he's not put off after dropping your banjo bolt though!!)

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2015, 10:08:41 pm »

@z00bz which garage was it can I ask? I need mine doing and need to find someone who'll have a go at it (hopefully he's not put off after dropping your banjo bolt though!!)

His somebody that works from home and has a garage full of tools etc.....seems ok to be honest

Based in Evington area

I can ask him if you want and can drop you a pm

PM me if you need it doin

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline MrACD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2015, 11:17:46 pm »
8-3-2015

My rear badge had bad white worm appearing so sorted myself a MK4 Golf badge from my brothers 2.8 V6 after him changing his for a smaller sharan one.
Managed to spray paint the mechanism the same colour as the car and fit the MK4 emblem. It's not a bad fitting either to be honest

This is what I have got to do, got the badge ready to go! - Were there any holes you had to fill in before putting the badge over the top of it? - I didn't think about spraying it tbh as thought it may be ok in the black plastic (my car is black too), but think I might spray it now after seeing this  :happy2:
2005 Gti - 5dr, DSG, Black
2003 Toyota MR2 Roadster, Chilli Red
2005 Honda VFR800 Vtec

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2015, 08:51:00 am »
8-3-2015

My rear badge had bad white worm appearing so sorted myself a MK4 Golf badge from my brothers 2.8 V6 after him changing his for a smaller sharan one.
Managed to spray paint the mechanism the same colour as the car and fit the MK4 emblem. It's not a bad fitting either to be honest

This is what I have got to do, got the badge ready to go! - Were there any holes you had to fill in before putting the badge over the top of it? - I didn't think about spraying it tbh as thought it may be ok in the black plastic (my car is black too), but think I might spray it now after seeing this  :happy2:

I have to do it as well, but have heard different cars have different mechanisms.

Mine’s an 05. If yours is the same do you mind running through the process with me/us?

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2015, 09:32:48 am »
@Peskyjones I took the old badge off, mines an 05, just pull slowly all around and the whole badge will come off. Leaving you with the black plastic base. Clean that up, get all the stickyness off it, fill in the small hole at the top of the mechanism then I put a MK5 boot badge on mine but I am lead to believe that the MK6 one fits a lot better.

I done all this while on the car, I just made sure the complete rear end was masked up and I done all the spraying and filling in my garage, so out of the wind

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2015, 09:07:36 pm »
Bought some roof bar today. Genuine VW ones. Fitted nicely, came to fit my Thule bike carrier and can't get the brackets to go anywhere near the bars. Looks like I will have to get the brackets fabricated to fit  :surprised:

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 09:13:15 pm »
Welcome to the club!! The OEM bars are chunky, you can use the T track system is a bit frustrating  :fighting:

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2015, 09:34:01 pm »
@v4rley what that mate? The T Track system