Make a donation

Author Topic: Ultimate Dubs 2010  (Read 41851 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Ultimate Dubs 2010
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2010, 06:39:46 pm »
yup your right mine didnt make it i'm afraid i only finished delboys 9 am saturday morning and i'm compleltly burnt out ha ha.

In the last 2 weeks weve done craigs mk 5 the audi tt on the psi stand full re build and bagged it bagged c4rbd mk 2 bagged gwerks mk 4 golf and install and the run of the mill normal cars also ha ha.

I just didnt have the time for mine and wanted to drop dead sat morning ha ha. Hopefully take a little step back now.

Hope people liked del boys car who seen it.

Excellent work Luke! I was looking forward to see what had happened to yours though!  :happy2:

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2010, 06:55:43 pm »
yup your right mine didnt make it i'm afraid i only finished delboys 9 am saturday morning and i'm compleltly burnt out ha ha.

In the last 2 weeks weve done craigs mk 5 the audi tt on the psi stand full re build and bagged it bagged c4rbd mk 2 bagged gwerks mk 4 golf and install and the run of the mill normal cars also ha ha.

I just didnt have the time for mine and wanted to drop dead sat morning ha ha. Hopefully take a little step back now.

Hope people liked del boys car who seen it.

I was disappointed that your car never made it  :sad1:, i had heard you have been doing some amazing things with it.  :innocent:
Have to say the quality of the workmanship on del boys car was top notch, the section around the clocks pod was exactly how it should be. I compared it to the other Mk5's that had interior work and your craftsmanship was easily better than all of the others in that area.  :congrats:

Have to agree with ya there Top Cat, the quality of work on the dash was unbelievable. It honestly looked like it came out of the factory like it  :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2010, 07:03:52 pm »
as has been said, the quality on the dash was supurb!! looked like our porsche turbo factory trim. absolutly top class. wasnt tooooo keen on the colour but etto.  :smiley:

Have to admit i was abit disapointed with the show this year. Nothing really jumped out at me, and naths car was by faaaaaar the cleanest!! Most of the others were in shocking condition under the lights.

Hightlight of the day was the drive back!  :signLOL: i had club polo following me with about 20 polos behind, then everyone else on their way home was joining in, was pritty cool! 

Biggest disapointmet was TC and the rest had bu**ered off before i even got there!   :sad1:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2010, 07:06:28 pm »
as has been said, the quality on the dash was supurb!! looked like our porsche turbo factory trim. absolutly top class. wasnt tooooo keen on the colour but etto.  :smiley:

Have to admit i was abit disapointed with the show this year. Nothing really jumped out at me, and naths car was by faaaaaar the cleanest!! Most of the others were in shocking condition under the lights.

Hightlight of the day was the drive back!  :signLOL: i had club polo following me with about 20 polos behind, then everyone else on their way home was joining in, was pritty cool! 

Biggest disapointmet was TC and the rest had bu**ered off before i even got there!   :sad1:

:surprised: I know! Some of them where an absolute state!  :stupid:

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2010, 07:08:17 pm »
wow thanks for the kind comments really makes all the hard work worth it just got to finish the tops of the front doors i ran out of thinned leather  :ashamed: :ashamed: and wouldnt do it in thick as it'd ruin panel gaps we'll get it finished for the next show.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2010, 07:13:45 pm »
sorry i missed you joe i hear you had a lie in  :drinking:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »
sorry i missed you joe i hear you had a lie in  :drinking:

hey mate, yer greenouse said you were still there but didnt see you, didnt see hurdy either but saw his car  :confused:. i got there for 11.30, set off at 9am, the roadworks added 30 mins onto my trip on the way down.  :fighting:
i took my number plate out of the window for the way home!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2010, 08:18:07 pm »
Where are the pictures  :fighting:
 :worthless: :worthless:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:50 pm »
I too couldn't believe the condition of some of the cars :surprised: I think if the MK5 guys has been inside we would have shown them all up eh? :happy2:

I was up till 10pm on Saturday cleaning mine and then got carried away in the damp on the way down and the car got all dirty on me :laugh:

Good show, but not a lot truly stood out. The cars that did stand out weren't really my cup of tea. There were a few performance highlights though and the Yellow Beetle and the camper van were very nice indeed.

The Plush-Automotive re-trim in chalk blue had awesome detail on it and the workmanship was gorgeous. :love:
Golf R gone.

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9122.0.html
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2010, 09:55:28 pm »
just got home now, what a long weekend lol

glad you like the quality of the work in my interior, Luke has spent an amazing amount of time on it and it shows,  truly stunning, its better than i could have imagined... a massive THANK YOU yet again to him..... :congrats:

the colour is always going to be love it or hate it, i dont mind what people think as long as i like it that all that matters

my paint was shocking, i have never washed it since i have owned it until yesterday as i have never had it in my posetion since buying it and man am i gutted, it really let the car down but not to worry, i can sort that maybe with a lillte help from JPC  :wink:

i didn't take any pics, but Luke did im sure he'll bang a couple up soon enough

greenouse great to meet you, shame i didn't meet more of you but im sure i will next time

:happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
just got home now, what a long weekend lol

glad you like the quality of the work in my interior, Luke has spent an amazing amount of time on it and it shows,  truly stunning, its better than i could have imagined... a massive THANK YOU yet again to him..... :congrats:

the colour is always going to be love it or hate it, i dont mind what people think as long as i like it that all that matters

my paint was shocking, i have never washed it since i have owned it until yesterday as i have never had it in my posetion since buying it and man am i gutted, it really let the car down but not to worry, i can sort that maybe with a lillte help from JPC  :wink:

i didn't take any pics, but Luke did im sure he'll bang a couple up soon enough

greenouse great to meet you, shame i didn't meet more of you but im sure i will next time

:happy2:

It would have been nice to sit in your car and get a better look and feel of the interior, colour is always subjective and i liked the colour once the initial shock had gone.
As you say. Its all the finer details that need attending to now, to bring it all together and to take it to the next level.  :happy2:
If you get the attention to detail anything near the scooby then it will be a winner.  :congrats:

Offline Neilgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2010, 10:19:33 pm »
This must be the motor your talking about  :happy2:

MK5 GTi
MK5 R32
MK6 Gti, all gone but not forgotten
Now loving the 7R

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2010, 10:24:26 pm »
Del boy's was on the same row about 5 cars closer to the centre of the building.  :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2010, 10:26:19 pm »
Here some iPhone pics of Delboys  :happy2:

Offline Neilgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2010, 10:27:29 pm »
Del boy's was on the same row about 5 cars closer to the centre of the building.  :happy2:

I missed that one then  :ashamed:

Have to wait for pics then  :popcornsoda:

How did i miss that  :ashamed: :ashamed:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:29:03 pm by Neilgti »
MK5 GTi
MK5 R32
MK6 Gti, all gone but not forgotten
Now loving the 7R