Make a donation

Author Topic: Rust Warranty Claims - NOT FRONT WING  (Read 1611 times)

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
Rust Warranty Claims - NOT FRONT WING
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »
Hi all,

I'm looking for examples of rust being repaired under warranty in other places APART from the known issues with the front wing.

I know a few of us have had sills/tailgates repaired either with 100% warranty or some kind of contribution from VW, if you've had any success with this, please post below.  I'm especially interested in any rust on the rear wheel arches, which is where mine is starting to go.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline Jord25

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Rust Warranty Claims - NOT FRONT WING
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:02:28 pm »
Hi. Iv just had the front wings done on my 2005 golf gti. Its a 12 year corrosion guarantee on non removable parts i.e your rear wheel arches and a 10 year on removable parts such as front arches. They did my front arches completely free with no arguments and its a brilliant job. Hope this helps

Offline Lyons

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:14:27 pm »
Ben I had the rear arches done on my first GTi about 5 years ago. However when I went in to enquiry about getting them done on my current car I was told by the dealer (and VW customer services) that the rear arches are no longer covered.

I believe it's worth your while calling in and asking anyway, I'm not convinced all dealers follow the same rules (as can be seen in the other thread).

Offline rumblytripod

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:25 pm »
I had my arches done about 4 months ago, also had a small area of rust around the boot badge. They said that area had been denied by VW Germany. Didn't kick up a fuss as they did both wings and sills without quibbling but I did have push the issue slightly and keep getting in touch.

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 05:04:13 pm »
@bbfb10 sills and wings replaced here. The sills took a little pushing as with @rumblytripod, but overall the dealer was very helpful!

Offline Monza_GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 10:07:03 pm »
i have had rust on my bootlid.

i got it checked out when i took it in for the front wings about 8 months ago.

vw uk were only offering 50% towards the replacement of the whole bootlid, luckily for me the garage covered the other 50%
 :laugh:
even replaced the white worm corroded bootlid too.

only thing i had to pay for in that job was a new wiring loom for the boot as the old one was badly worn due to general wear and tear of the wire from opening and closing boot