Make a donation

Author Topic: Lowering Golf Gti mk5 2.0Tfsi on Eibach sportline springs  (Read 5661 times)

Offline marticroft

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Lowering Golf Gti mk5 2.0Tfsi on Eibach sportline springs
« on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:34 pm »
 I have looked into the sports line springs and for my car it looks like there are two springs available one stating a drop of:-
20-25mm front and 20mm rear code Eibe 20-85-014-02-22 axle load 1130kg front - 930kg rear
20mm front and 20mm rear code Eibe 20-85-014-01-22 axle load 1040kg front - 930kg rear

I would like ride quality to be similar to genuine suspension ( not crashy) but needs to be more controlled in the corners as at the moment feels a bit lively.

Will I be able to get over speed bumps and in and out of filling station ramps? As obviously don't want to be wiping out the underside of the front bumper / sump.
Do you have any photos you can send me of past projects using the same springs?

What do you think about the bilstein b4 dampers as I have been recommended to replace the original shockers, as I guess that they aren't designed for lowering, and wouldn't last long if the eibach springs were fitted to the them.
Cheers
Marticroft

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Lowering Golf Gti mk5 2.0Tfsi on Eibach sportline springs
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 04:08:58 pm »
Got mine on the Sportline springs with the standard shocks and the ride is good. Drives alot better now, did mine for the same reason as you. Sticks to the road very well now!

Offline marticroft

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:27:52 pm »
Cheers Jaye your car looks the business, what Eibach code did you use to order, as mentioned there are 2 different Eibach codes!. What mileage have you on the standard shocks? Did you replace the top mounts? Do have any problems with catching speed bumps etc?

Offline TaylorGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »
I'm on sportlines and ride is class very oem but much les body roll.
R-tech Stage 2+ Pirelli Gti

Offline marticroft

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 03:24:54 pm »
Do you have a photo of your motor mate?

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:22:23 pm »
Cheers Jaye your car looks the business, what Eibach code did you use to order, as mentioned there are 2 different Eibach codes!. What mileage have you on the standard shocks? Did you replace the top mounts? Do have any problems with catching speed bumps etc?

Sorry for a late reply! Just ordered them from AMD Tuning and gave them the reg....mine have 65k on them and I did change the top mounts just while they were all apart. No problems catching on anything :)

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »
H & R springs all the way
candy white edition 30

Offline gaz-gti

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 07:55:11 am »
Hi all, I'm new to the site too and was reading about the Eibach springs as I've just bought myself some too and about to get them fitted. It hadn't crossed my mind to get new shocks but is that recommended? Will the standard VW shocks eventually wear out by fitting the new springs? The car has done 95k and I'm not sure if the shocks have ever been replaced. nah advice is appreciated :happy2: