Make a donation

Author Topic: Imperial War museum visit  (Read 4124 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: Imperial War museum visit
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 05:24:16 pm »
You might have been but..
Yeah the Imperial War Museum in London is the one to visit. Awesome place - recently refurbed!

If you get the chance head to London Bridge tube station (jubilee/northern line) HMS Belfast in moored up on the banks and you can go for a mooch - about £15 a ticket I think.

If you go to HMS Belfast make sure you go to Borough Market. It's literally across the road and is one of the biggest and oldest food markets in London. It is awesome - breadahead doughnuts are the best in the world!
I was actually considering Duxton instead of the IWM in London as it seems to have more planes and tanks or is this not true?

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline JonnyM92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 05:28:46 pm »
Haven't been to that one mate so couldn't say - possibly the case. I probably have some pictures somewhere from when I've been, will try dig them out - you could always search the hashtag or location on Instagram and take a look!

If you were to head to London for IWM I would team it up with visits to other attractions in the city.

Offline theneilster

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 05:57:54 pm »
Duxford is much more aviation based. If you are more into aircraft and military vehicles then I would highly recommend it. Even better if you can attend on an air-show day, I've been many times and as an engineer I'm fascinated by the place. There are many live restoration projects going on as well which are very interesting to watch.  The only main downside to Duxford is that you have to pay to enter whereas the IWM in London is donation only if I recall correct.  :happy2:  (hope this helps)