Make a donation

Author Topic: Hesitation when starting  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Bo!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Hesitation when starting
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »
I bought my golf GTI from main dealer 48000 miles cold starts were terrible after repeated visits into the dealer they changed plugs coil packs and PCV  to no avail . Had my intake off and valves media blasted they were really gummed up I'd liked to add + my cold start misfires have now gone . I had to shell out for this myself tho as VW said the car wasn't displaying a fault code and refused to investigate carbon build up .

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 07:51:47 pm »
That's messed up mate. I'd take them to small claims as you have proof of the gunked up inlet right? .

Offline Bo!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »
Yea I have proof a video and pics but as the head of business has offered an extra years warranty in previous discussions before  I had it media blasted. I decided now to take it on the chin and claim the extra warranty . The intake clean set me back 270 which I think is a small price to pay if I get an extra years warranty,if they knew I had taken it elsewhere they wouldn't give me the extra warranty no doubt + taking them to the small claims will cost and is agh I could do without .

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 08:51:26 pm »
I see what you mean mate.
Warranties aren't what they seem to be these days either but if you're happy then that's all that matters  :smiley:
I'd wanna argh!!!!  :mad: as how they get away with ripping us off pi*** me right off. Alan day in London on he highway are another bunch of t pots for lies and taking your money.

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 10:17:36 am »
I've never noticed this with my MK5 but my missus said it struggled to start a few times when she's used it.
Odd that it's never done it with me though!
Maybe it doesn't like her? :wink: