Make a donation

Author Topic: Helpful advice  (Read 1119 times)

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
Helpful advice
« on: March 20, 2015, 09:46:14 am »
I currently own a Focus Mk3 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium and have owned it now for 2 years. It currently is mapped by Superchips Bluefin and I have fitted the High flow air box from the St (like the MP200 Mountune pack). It is running approx. 190bhp and 250nm of torque.  I am looking to either sell the car for a Fiesta ST Ecoboost (same engine just more powerful than mine) but.... and here is the but.... I still really like my Focus, but want a bit more poke. I have the option of (A) going with the Mountune MP200 pack for £1000, which includes an uprated intercooler and new map. Gives 200ps but 320nm of torque. So similar power but more torque. Or (B) fit an Airtec intercooler to my already existing map for £400. Or (C) sell up and get a Fiesta ST and fit the MP215 pack, uprated charge pipes and intercooler. The battle in my mind is that I really love the way the Focus drives and it has a lot more tech than the ST such as Active cruise control, auto park and other goodies. I do a lot of long distance driving up north to see my partners family and the Focus is perfect for motorway cruising. What would you do in a similar situation? A, B or C
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Re: Helpful advice
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:02:23 am »
Asking about Ford on a VW site ?
For my advice always buy the car that has what you want. Upgrading the power only (seems what you have done) is only part of the process , so what you actually have is a car that has good power and poor running gear compared to the factory spec more powerful car . Its what happened when MG put the Rover V8 in its MGB , alot of them ended up in ditches  :surprised:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline numec

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Helpful advice
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 06:42:59 am »
Fiesta is a bit too small for me. Keep the focus