Make a donation

Author Topic: hunting in Northampton  (Read 804 times)

Pptom

hunting in Northampton
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:54:17 pm »
Hello all, i'm Tom, been agonising over which car for a while now and think i'm pretty much decided on a mk5.
My wife has a A1 tfsi with dsg and its great to drive, unfortunately this has spoilt me a bit in terms of auto boxes and there's not much out there at this kind of price point (5-9k) with as good a box. Dsg is a must for me, plus, since the mrs can't drive a manual, it will be nice to have something she can drive too (if she's lucky)
My other requirements are for something to carry the dogs and the occasional towing of a bike trailer.
I've been looking around and there doesn't seem to be many decent motors out there (got to be 3 door too) within 50 or so miles of me. Can either be a gti or ed30.
If anyone knows of anything about, i'd appreciate a nod please.

Liam0205

Re: hunting in Northampton
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:14:53 pm »
Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum and fairly local to me in MK

I'd say keep and eye on the forum and go for an edition 30 but you might want to reconsider limiting yourself with regards to only travelling 50 miles

If you can find a decent one but its further away, it's well worth travelling for

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:32:47 pm »
My Ed30 is for sale pal  :happy2:

I'm an hour & a half away (1hr 5mins by train).

See my signature below.
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Pptom

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »
Thanks chaps, problem with viewing stuff is that i have to borrow the mrs car and i've spent many an hour travelling in the past to look at supposedly a1 cars, only to find i've wasted my time and petrol. I'd go a bit further for a decent forum car though.
Saw yours gray, but it really must be a dsg, if it was i'd be all over it!
Right now i'm thinking of a normal gti, but with a nice few options, easier to sort a towbar too and cheaper, not seen many / any ed30's that (in my mind) are worth the 3k+ premium yet - think i just need to be patient.
Tom