Make a donation

Author Topic: semi-automatic climate control from mk6 to golf mk5  (Read 2846 times)

Offline georgekeemo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
semi-automatic climate control from mk6 to golf mk5
« on: March 30, 2015, 07:24:08 pm »
Hey guys ,as the title say ,i would like to ask a few questions about retrofiting the mk6 manual climatic unit on a mk5. I'm not talking about the dual zone climatronic unit ,just the plane old 3 knob unit. I was looking arround some parts and discovered this beautiful unit of a scirocco. Saw a lots of you are fitting mk6 climatronic units to your mk5s and thought why not ask ,for those who have those ugly manual units could't be this a solution to our problems  :signLOL: :signLOL: ? Did a bit of research here and there saw a couple of ideas but nothing complete... hope you guys could answer my questions ,cheers and thanks in advance..

Offline starkie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: semi-automatic climate control from mk6 to golf mk5
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »
I fitted these to my car a few weeks ago! Great upgrade, although i have one fault with it...
I can no longer change the direction of my vents as my original control was done by cable!
Doesn't bother me as i never take it off windscreen/feet  :grin:

Offline georgekeemo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: semi-automatic climate control from mk6 to golf mk5
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:04:42 am »
thanks for the reply ,is it plug and play mate ? do you have to change any loom ,or it's a straight fit ? All the other buttons work ? I was interested in a fully functioning unit. Did anybody retrofited all the servomotors from a mk6 to mk5 ? ,i'm going to do a little more research on this problem and maybe i will come back with something..