Make a donation

Author Topic: Hey lovelies!  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Fresha

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hey lovelies!
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:33:03 am »
Just wanted to say hi!  :happy2:

Joined for some sensible, well-informed advice really. Don't hate me but all my cars while learning (officially, started at 15 in my mum's RS when my sisters started going to house parties and needed picking up, we all lived middle of nowhere and could drive a tractor.... ) I had to buy were Fiestas, my parents worked for Ford and BT, so for me it was discount Fiesta time: 1.1, my first car, rapidly replaced with 1.4, then 1.6, then my XR2i (spent a 2 years lovingly tweaking it in every way possible), but I've always been truly passionate about the Golf GTi. My beloved dad died 3 months ago, left me and my siblings £10,000 each, I want to buy a Mark 5 for no more than £6K and it'll be the only chance I get to do it. What can you tell me??

Lisa

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Hey lovelies!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 12:00:00 pm »
Sorry to hear about your father. If you're buying this car with the money he left you maybe you'll think of him very time you drive it so not necessarily a bad thing to do!

Prices vary incredibly! Spend a few more pound and get a high spec one....

Go for leather, highline clocks, 18" monzas, xenon lights, dual zone climate control, sunroof, multi function steering wheel, upgraded head unit....

Those are some of the main ones. I personally prefer the manual gearbox but the DSG if serviced on time is a good call!

Expect to spend around 8k for a great one or 6k for mediocre spec.

Get something good or always regret when you see another GTI pass you with their auto levelling xenon headlights!!

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:24:01 pm »
Hi Lisa welcome to the forum I'm new here to :) I just got mine about a month ago and paid 6.5k from a private seller for mine he asked for 7k. Hope you can find one for cheaper I have no idea what I done did I get a good deal or just standard.

Mines got:
56 plate
68k miles
Dsg - Love it
Leather seats - I prefer cloth for comfort and going fast round corners :)
Xenon Headlights
18 monzas - I heard 17's drive better for some reason but 18's look better, I think the ed30 bbs looks much better anyone want to swap :) ?
Dual zone climate control
Heated Seats - will never buy another car without it

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:02:47 pm »
Hi Lisa welcome to the forum I'm new here to :) I just got mine about a month ago and paid 6.5k from a private seller for mine he asked for 7k. Hope you can find one for cheaper I have no idea what I done did I get a good deal or just standard.

Mines got:
56 plate
68k miles
Dsg - Love it
Xenon Headlights
18 monzas - I heard 17's drive better for some reason but 18's look better, I think the ed30 bbs looks much better anyone want to swap :) ?

17's are more comfortable because the tyre profile will be thicker meaning the tyre absorbs more of the impact but...... they look terrible and any car enthusiast can spot them! Go for 18s

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:28:37 pm »
Welcome to the club Lisa
candy white edition 30

Offline numec

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:51:06 am »
Welcome and good luck with the hunt!

Offline numec

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:53:12 am »

Mines got:
56 plate
68k miles
Dsg - Love it
Xenon Headlights
Good price for good specs there

Offline imraan Ed30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum