Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 vs R32  (Read 20126 times)

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Re: Edition 30 vs R32
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2015, 12:03:12 am »
Are the wheels original? I think I'd be looking for one with the proper alloys....

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2015, 12:53:26 am »
Are the wheels original? I think I'd be looking for one with the proper alloys....

My guessing are the wheels are not original but would be replacing them anyway

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2015, 10:20:38 am »
I would like the original wheels and will probably source some eventually but that is an easy fix. I just wanted to make sure that it had all the standard features elsewhere that were gonna cost me a bit or works out difficult to swap

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 12:49:43 pm »
Where are the original wheels though thats the question  :confused:
Makes you wonder if they were damaged or similar to remove them!
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

dansmith180

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:48 pm »
I highly doubt theyve been removed because of damage. He probably sold them to buy the new ones.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 01:34:35 pm »
Good Point, looking at the wheels on there now there were a couple of scuffs so maybe originals were badly scuffed and removed. Or could have sold as presuming the originals were worth a lot mre than the current ones.

I like the black but with the silver around the outside they look tacky and cheap.

Just got off to the garage who are getting the car ready to pick up tomorrow so will make sure they have sorted the bumper and Indicator light.

What make of lights are on these vehicles as they werent the standard kind on my TSI so just wondered as they looked blueish when switched on but hard to tell as was day time

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 02:24:36 pm »
The bulbs are Bosch from factory. You can replace them with Osram Xenarc Nigth Breaker Unlimited for an OEM+ performance, or just Osram Xenarc for OEM replacement.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2015, 03:08:06 pm »
Anyone got any ideas on what upgrades/mods to do. I am conscious as this is a Special Edition car I do not want to touch anything that is specific to the ED30.

ALso does anyone know in terms of performance and BHP upgrades what is the best choices. I have heard of Induction Kits, Chips, Remaps etc

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »
Yep leave it alone and enjoy the car mate
Put the cash towards some Shell V power fuel  :laugh:

Seriously though 200+ bhp is more than enough in any fwd car
 :happy2:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 04:48:41 pm »
Yep leave it alone and enjoy the car mate
Put the cash towards some Shell V power fuel  :laugh:

Seriously though 200+ bhp is more than enough in any fwd car
 :happy2:

You are correct and most mods I will do will likely be Cosmetic and Subtle but would not mind getting a bit more sound out of the exhaust without spending hundreds

Should be picking up tomorrow but seems ages away  :party:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 05:28:53 pm »
Anyone got any ideas on what upgrades/mods to do. I am conscious as this is a Special Edition car I do not want to touch anything that is specific to the ED30.

ALso does anyone know in terms of performance and BHP upgrades what is the best choices. I have heard of Induction Kits, Chips, Remaps etc
Why don't you browse the many members rides in the forum to see what can be done to these cars?

I've bought mine last week and I'll be ordering a few better parts to improve it. I already know that following the best projects around will make my ride better in every aspect and I won't have to do trial and error to get it right. :wink:

Matthewsimone has an old soul, he belongs to a minority that preaches that OEM cars are good enough. You need to know what you want from your Eddie and then follow that path. If the OEM parts are good enough for you, don't bother modding it. If you want better handling or better braking, see what others did in that area.

Do notice one thing, improving the engine without improving the rest is careless. Your brakes and suspension were made to handle 230 HP, not for +300 HP. :smiley:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2015, 06:28:57 pm »
Congratulations on the new car! Looks a good spec example, and the alloys can be sorted - as you've said.
It's easy to add the multi-function buttons to a DSG car - had them added to mine - plug and play, pretty much!
Mods wise - said I wouldn't mod mine, and it has always felt more than 230bhp - I just wonder what a map adds to an already great car. Sorting the handling has been well worth it, even for the standard power.
Enjoy!!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »
Anyone know what model of Stereo this is so I can check what features it has

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2015, 12:17:50 pm »
That's an MFD2 mate.
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2015, 12:37:24 pm »

Why don't you browse the many members rides in the forum to see what can be done to these cars?

I've bought mine last week and I'll be ordering a few better parts to improve it. I already know that following the best projects around will make my ride better in every aspect and I won't have to do trial and error to get it right. :wink:

Matthewsimone has an old soul, he belongs to a minority that preaches that OEM cars are good enough. You need to know what you want from your Eddie and then follow that path. If the OEM parts are good enough for you, don't bother modding it. If you want better handling or better braking, see what others did in that area.

Do notice one thing, improving the engine without improving the rest is careless. Your brakes and suspension were made to handle 230 HP, not for +300 HP. :smiley:

No so much old soul mate more wise sensible soul that understands the laws of physics when it comes to hi powered fwd cars  :wink:

Ive previously owned modded hig powered fwd motors so know exactly what its all about some of which include a 330bhp mk1 focus Rs, utterly pointless!

Unless you plan to track your car the mk5 Gti is absolutely fine in standard oe form for road use
The country is littered with speed cameras and plod around every corner anyway so where exactly do you plan to use all this extra power/handling if not on a track  :laugh:
As said enjoy the car for what it is mate.... A great car  :driver: