Make a donation

Author Topic: Why are people posting their bookings  (Read 6013 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=iieg7qjasneldajqgfb6t9sb71&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Why are people posting their bookings
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 01:17:59 pm »
I imagine its an excitement thing.... bit like posting up on a build thread saying you are going to get a 3076 turbo fitted.  :driver:

Ooh are you Rich? Go on you know you want to...  :popcornsoda: :laugh:

Want to.... that goes without saying. Small issue of wonga though.

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »
That would def be worth posting about !  :happy2:

Offline simpsb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »
I know of two cars that have just swapped tuner both have gone to r-tech and both cars have made more bhp and torque and both owners are very pleased they swapped both say the car pulls a lot harder through the rev range  :wink:

If your about sunday come to santa pod and u can come up the strip as my passenger and see how my car pulls  :happy2:

Dan.
       245 bhp 275 lb. mapped by revo
       276 bhp 335 lb  mapped by r tech....and a more linear progressive map :happy2:

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »
I know of two cars that have just swapped tuner both have gone to r-tech and both cars have made more bhp and torque and both owners are very pleased they swapped both say the car pulls a lot harder through the rev range  :wink:

If your about sunday come to santa pod and u can come up the strip as my passenger and see how my car pulls  :happy2:

Dan.
       245 bhp 275 lb. mapped by revo
       276 bhp 335 lb  mapped by r tech....and a more linear progressive map :happy2:

Blimey - is that improvement in bhp and torque PURELY down to tuning software?
Or were any other modifications added or changes made like diverter valve/boost leaks fixed that sort of thing?  :happy2:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 10:35:07 pm »
Word of mouth promotion is the bes IMHOt,  I could easy sell generic maps for £300 and flash 6-7 per day in the car park and send customers on there way, the feedback wont be as good and nothing for customers to write home about or even get excited about so i would have to spend £1000s per year putting full page adverts in glossy magazines.  Then we could open up a dealer network across the uk to flash maps for us, just like 95% of the vag tuning market.  I would be rich i would go home with clean hands and face in a big flash car and have very little stress of worry.    Then customers can turn up to an r-tech dealer same or next day with out bookings, have a quick 10 min flash map and part with £300 instead of wating 3-4weeks for a booking slot to have a full custom dyno setup carried out with a full health check with logging pre and post tuning.   Then no one would post there booking days up...

Its like booking a table a KFC vs Jamie Olivers..     :signLOL:

Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:50 pm »
I agree with Madone's point: there is no issue with people getting excited and posting a booking date. What's missing is the after-thought / conclusion / feedback.

Come on people! It would be worth everyone's while if you posted some feedback post R-Tech remap so we can all gain some useful information on the remap. Surely that would make more sense?
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »
^^^^ Will take you 2 minutes to look through the WHOLE 2 pages of topics in their section and have a read of the reviews of people's stages of tune.

:wink:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~