Make a donation

Author Topic: What fuel is recommended?  (Read 8067 times)

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
Re: What fuel is recommended?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 05:59:27 pm »
Mine runs on standard unleaded and has done for very nearly 170,000 miles without any issues
Although it is unmapped it still pulls hard and fast

There's a good 10bhp in it with 99RON vs 95RON (Dyno proven). Worth giving the good stuff a go  :happy2:

I noticed much more top end power on my stock k03 GTI which I switched to 99RON

10BBHP - blimey I will give it a go next time I am at the pumps, will run the tank to empty and brim it with 99
Should notice the difference I suppose  :happy2:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline JimGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »
Only ever used Momentum in mine. Swings & roundabouts with V Power or Momentum, you'll get people singing praises and swearing by both. Either over standard stuff.

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »
Been running on 95RON as of recent as I'm doing a lot of mway driving so don't really care for performance. Otherwise I was always using momentum as it's quite a lot cheaper than vpower and to me feels the same.

Offline mrw

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 11:28:33 pm »
I've been a long time user of the 'performance' fuels and think they are worth the extra if you have a performance car.

I think it also depends on what your car has been mapped for too - don't the Golf GTI's have a little label with 98 RON or something inside the filler cap? I had a Clio Sport 197 (with a label on the inside of the filler asking for 97 RON) before my current GTI and a few owners reported worse MPG on standard RON, enough to justify using super or better!

Even my mums diesel festa sounds smooth on v-power :happy2: