Make a donation

Author Topic: My MK5 Golf GTI Black  (Read 4957 times)

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
My MK5 Golf GTI Black
« on: April 04, 2015, 04:19:13 am »
Hi All. My name is Ryan I'm 20, from Staffordshire and proud to say I've finally got my hands on a GTi! I've had 3 previous cars, started out in a Vw Lupo 1.4s in Red, then moved on to a Golf mk4 1.4 in Blue (absolute rocket :signLOL:) My most recent car was a Seat Ibiza Cupra Bocanegra, 1.4TSI with 180bhp w/ DSG. Got tired of the DSG and was itching to get back in a manual.. Had to be a GTi!

its sitting on 80k+ miles at Revo Stage 1 with a tonne of history/receipts and I'm really happy with the overall condition of the car, pics below will try to get more (if anyone wants pics of previous cars just ask)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:56:15 pm by RyanAp »

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Re: My MK5 Golf GTI Black
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:56:04 am »
My previous mk4 golf:

The latest car, Seat ibiza cupra bocanegra:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:01:18 pm by RyanAp »

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 09:31:27 pm »
Gave it a good clean today with Autoglym shampoo, polished with autoglym super resin polish and sealed with autoglym paint sealant.
Turned out quite well if i do say so myself!

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 09:36:30 pm »
Had a shocking amount of water in the passenger side taillight, was like a swimming pool!
Ive emptied it out and put it back on, and it's condensated back up again  :indifferent:
Anyone know how to fix this? Just considering buying Valeo LED tailights at the minute instead though..

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »
my exhaust tip was black so attempted cleaning with Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover. Not gonna lie but I do NOT recommend using this stuff, it's useless.. doesn't do anything on paint or exhaust.

Progress.. Bit of serious scrubbing and loads of different types of cleaning products and it's finally starting to clear up, long way to go tho! Lol

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »
Not the best result.. But I couldn't find anything that was actually good at clearing it. It'll suffice until I find a Genuine R32 Rear Valance for sale, as then I'll be buying an R32 Style Milltek exhaust for it.

My rear light also condensated up! Again.. Left it out in the sun, hopefully it'll clear it up. Just another temporary thing as I'll be buying new rears soon too

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 06:55:28 pm »
Looks much better. I've used autosol which works pretty good.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,94454.0.html

mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 07:51:50 pm »
I'll have to try that out! Looks much better than the stuff I was using. Thanks for the tip. I was there for at least an hour scrubbing it earlier, gave up in the end but don't think it's too bad considering!

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 09:53:12 pm »
Of course it's going to be useless it's says 'tar remover'  :signLOL:  :signLOL:  try some autogylm 'METAL' polish with some wire wool #0000 bought mine up a treat.

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 01:41:54 am »
It was useless on anything I tried it on, it was terrible on actually removing tar funnily enough. Tbh I'm not impressed with anything Autoglym ive used except the super resin polish

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 09:34:58 pm »
It's not the strongest tar remover but it does work, I find a lot of autogylm products very good. Also you need some wire wool or the results on the exhaust will never be too good regardless of what you use.  #0000 will see you good plus a lot of hard work scrubbing  :fighting:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:40:13 pm by Chris92 »

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »
I picked up some Autosol and some Grade 00 wire wool today and that stuff works like a dream!
Just looking forward to fitting my R32 bumper, Milltek and new rear lights now! After that think it might be time for wheels and coils, hopefully.  :smiley:

Offline Vwgticrazy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 01:50:23 am »
Hi cars looking good mate,I'm from clayton newcastle under lyme,hope see you around.

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 08:50:06 am »
I picked up some Autosol and some Grade 00 wire wool today and that stuff works like a dream!
Just looking forward to fitting my R32 bumper, Milltek and new rear lights now! After that think it might be time for wheels and coils, hopefully.  :smiley:

The right gear for the job is always good  :happy2:

Offline RyanAp

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 02:55:16 pm »
Hi cars looking good mate,I'm from clayton newcastle under lyme,hope see you around.

Thanks mate. I'm from Tamworth few miles outside of Birmingham so not sure we'll be seeing much of each other unless you travel up here a bit haha.

I ordered some genuine Valeo smoked rear lights the other day as mine were being a bit of a pain with condensation and one had a little crack in it. Paid 130 pound they've never been fitted to a car but aren't boxed brand new  :smiley: