Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie from Ireland  (Read 5898 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Newbie from Ireland
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 10:44:29 am »
Yeah I went to my first one this month. First Tuesday of every month in Carrickmines. Really enjoyed it. Think there was 4 mkvs there including a 5 door tornado red 300bhp + monster!

I've moved to Galway midweek so I don't think I'll ever make one now! Is there not one that takes place on a Saturday morning also?

Offline KieranR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 10:55:48 am »
Yeah I went to my first one this month. First Tuesday of every month in Carrickmines. Really enjoyed it. Think there was 4 mkvs there including a 5 door tornado red 300bhp + monster!

I've moved to Galway midweek so I don't think I'll ever make one now! Is there not one that takes place on a Saturday morning also?

I'm not sure man.  There is cars and coffee at cherrywood the first sunday of every month from around 10:30 onwards.  Its not an autostadt event but the turn out is massive. Some seriously cool cars  lambos, ferraris, m cars, merc amg's, rs4's  etc. etc.  I have vcds too now by the way if you need any scans or coding done.  enabled cornering fogs and alarm chirp on mine.  just need someone to stand in front of the car as i go around a corner now to see if they work!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 12:01:43 pm »

I never drive with my fogs on because I think they look out of place with the xenon lights. How much and where did you get VCDS? I'm still considering it...

I'm not sure man.  There is cars and coffee at cherrywood the first sunday of every month from around 10:30 onwards.  Its not an autostadt event but the turn out is massive. Some seriously cool cars  lambos, ferraris, m cars, merc amg's, rs4's  etc. etc.  I have vcds too now by the way if you need any scans or coding done.  enabled cornering fogs and alarm chirp on mine.  just need someone to stand in front of the car as i go around a corner now to see if they work!

Offline Davidk21

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 01:27:25 pm »
Great write up luke!  Im in the process of trying to get vw to respray the wings of my car under the 10 year corrosion warranty and i have to get a nasty dent in the drivers door sorted but  after that im gonna give the paintwork some well needed attention! Hopefully come next payday ill be able to tackle some of the smaller cosmetic mods too!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

I never drive with my fogs on because I think they look out of place with the xenon lights. How much and where did you get VCDS? I'm still considering it...

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 08:23:46 am »
Welcome David, from Ireland, Kildare myself. Car looks nice I have an 07 3 door in tornado red too! The best colour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk