Make a donation

Author Topic: New member  (Read 2635 times)

Stingy

« on: April 07, 2015, 11:23:50 pm »
Hi guys, i'm Chris, from Switzerland  :notworthy: i'm 39 (sigh) years old, ex mechanic and now, since 5 years, a web designer...oh, and i have a veeeeeery long love story with VW's..(or VAG in general..) since i was a little kid

I'm here because after my last GTI mk4 (i had 4, plus 2 mk1 and 1 mk2 16V) i decided to switch for a while on a Focus ST 225, fantastic car...until 1 of the liners decided that it was cool to have a nice crack  :signLOL:

After that i decided to going back in a well known territory and bought this Tornado Red mk5 GTI. It was a bargain because the car looks fantastic and well kept, i just did her some service, timing belt, oil, cam follower and so far the only problem was the pcv valve (already changed).

Ok now i shut up and..i'll introduce my car: Mk5 GTI, AXX, 2005, 164'500km (around 102'000 miles, 96k when i bought it) 6m and leather seats. Only options are leather seats, parking sensors and (don't know if it's an optional in UK too) auto wipers and auto lights.

So far the only mods are color coding, black rims, remap and a Pioneer AppRadio 4 with Apple CarPlay

And..yes, it's a very high mileage car..converted is around 100k miles..

Thats all for the moment, nice to meet you guys  :notworthy:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:31:19 pm by Stingy »

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 10:20:39 pm »
Welcome  :happy2:

You also have the optional Xenons, which make a big transformation.

How to you find the apple CarPlay?
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89458.0.html
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 05:02:53 am »
Hi and welcome  :happy2:

Stingy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:20 am »
Welcome  :happy2:

You also have the optional Xenons, which make a big transformation.

How to you find the apple CarPlay?
Hi, thanks for the welcome  :smiley:
 I forgot the xenons, i always seen the mk5 GTI's with them here, never tought they were optionals  :signLOL:

CarPlay is nice but it needs a lot of polish, for example sometimes Siri won't start, when you give her the command "Ehy Siri" instead of waiting for a specific command she just reply "hey" back to you  :grin: or some app like spotify works 5 times out of 10 if you launch it directly from the headunit. I also find, speaking of apps, that the selection is really limited, for example: i have Tom Tom, but you can't use this, just the integrated maps (i thinks it's Apple fault at the moment because the lack of API's), musicwise, just Rdio, Spotify or Beats..(beside the integrated music app)..this, plus a number of bugs here and there..but generally speaking, and for the price of this Pioneer (is relatively cheap) is a nice feat. I wish this thing had Android Auto too, to give it a try (i own a Nexus 6 also), some model have both, mine just CarPlay

Hi and welcome  :happy2:
Thanks  :pomppomp:

Offline imraan Ed30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:41:28 pm »
Hi and welcome :happy2: