Make a donation

Author Topic: Milltek or cobra exhaust system?  (Read 7615 times)

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Milltek or cobra exhaust system?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 11:56:58 am »
i just fitted a resonated Milltek, and like others have said it sounds pretty much no different to standard, apart from the bigger pipes at the back you wouldn't know. For me that is great as its exactly what i wanted, but others may want more noise

Do you think that a non res would be louder?

Yes Non Res would def be louder, from what i understand the difference between the two is the middle box, the res has one, the non res just a though pipe. I really like mine being quiet, but thats just me. No doubt the louder systems would sound great.

Yeah I figured it would be something like that. I like to be heard when I'm about haha

i could prob live with it slightly louder, its literally the same as OEM, but i would rather that than it being too loud. TBH i have to compliment Miltek, all the extra performance, great fit and finish without the extra noise. Its a fantastic bit of kit. If you do go for a MT, it will come with a dog bone upgraded bush, this is to reduce the engine movement and potentially damaging the downpipes mounts. i didn't know what it was when we fitted the exhaust so fitted it a week later  :signLOL:

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • My Ride: 06 plate golf gti ko3
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 11:13:23 am »
I went to PipeWerx for a custom built turbo back with sports cat in 3inch with two silencers, it sounds really nice, a lot deeper than standard but not over the top. I would imagine if I lost the rear silencer (back box) it would sound amazing, under a grand too, I would definitely recommend them ...

Alfalfa91

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 11:23:51 am »
I went to PipeWerx for a custom built turbo back with sports cat in 3inch with two silencers, it sounds really nice, a lot deeper than standard but not over the top. I would imagine if I lost the rear silencer (back box) it would sound amazing, under a grand too, I would definitely recommend them ...

I would but I'm up in Scotland lol the place near me that does custom exhausts makes powerflow