Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitting IC  (Read 6738 times)

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Fitting IC
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2015, 09:41:47 am »
Whats the difference between the old and new aircon condensor? Is it one off the Mk6?
Surely if you disconnect it the system will need regassing?

Is there a link to Uprated S3 intercooler you are referring to? I had a look at their website but couldnt see any kits that would fit the GTI just diesel stuff  :happy2:
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-audi-s3-intercooler-with-alloy-end-tanks.html
+
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/boost-hoses-for-darkside-s3-intercooler.html

Got it today, @xjay1337. :wink:

Maybe i am reading it wrong but aren't the pipe upgrades for TDI engines ?, i think you said you had a Eddy ?

"We also produce Hard Pipe Kits for various TDI models which removes all of the clip connectors. Please see below"

"When fitting a Genuine S3 Intercooler to a TDI you would remove the clip connectors from the standard pipes and slide them over the 57mm Inlet / Outlet. Whereas with the Upgraded S3 Intercooler, you require these hoses to fit over the larger 70mm Inlet / Outlet"

Looks good value for sure, have anyone else got one of these ?, and feedback on the performance compared to say the Forge or THS ?

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 12:39:10 pm »
Maybe i am reading it wrong but aren't the pipe upgrades for TDI engines ?, i think you said you had a Eddy ?

"We also produce Hard Pipe Kits for various TDI models which removes all of the clip connectors. Please see below"

"When fitting a Genuine S3 Intercooler to a TDI you would remove the clip connectors from the standard pipes and slide them over the 57mm Inlet / Outlet. Whereas with the Upgraded S3 Intercooler, you require these hoses to fit over the larger 70mm Inlet / Outlet"

Looks good value for sure, have anyone else got one of these ?, and feedback on the performance compared to say the Forge or THS ?
You have 3 options for the boost hoses. I chose the one for the TFSI engine.  :wink:

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 01:36:40 pm »

You have 3 options for the boost hoses. I chose the one for the TFSI engine.  :wink:

Ah ok :happy2: