Make a donation

Author Topic: Random juddering  (Read 715 times)

Offline G2000

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Random juddering
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:09:40 pm »
Have just bought a mk 5 and am already having problems.  :sad1:
Second journey (having done a 200 mile journey the day before) and after about another 200 miles I got some juddering through the steering wheel, this then stopped after less than a minute. Half an hour later into the journey I put my foot down to pull away and it felt like the back end went out, soon after a warning light came (car with skid marks) and it cut me back to 60mph. Rang garage I bought from and he advised that it has a system to prevent damage which restricts your speed. So pulled over, stopped the engine and started up after a minute, been running fine since, for another 1500 miles...

Randomly I get the juddering through the steering wheel again for about 2 min's of a 2 hour journey, now it is almost every journey, it's worse when you take your foot off the accelerator and then disappears generally within a few minutes not to happen again. I can't understand why it is so random, if the wheel balance I assume it would be all the time as with most other problems? (nb/ no warning lights showing on the dash)

On top of this the car fires up immediately when cold, but when warm hesitates to start. Is this normal?

Then there's the climate control, warm one side and cold the other when both turned to 'Hi'...

I do love the car, but yet I despair!  :signLOL:

Looking into where I can get a diagnostic done, but if anyone has any ideas in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.