Make a donation

Author Topic: Today's the day!  (Read 5983 times)

Offline coldcuppatea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Today's the day!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 07:16:37 pm »
I've had the stage 1 map on for 11 days now. Just wanted to post an update now I've had a chance to use it in a variety of circumstances.

In short, it's great. The urge that I was badly missing since selling my MK3 Focus ST is back in my life. Without a doubt, it's not the headline BHP that's doing it for me, rather the torque. It doesn't come on boost quite as early as the focus did, but it pulls so hard from around 2600rpm. I'm not one for ragging my car round all the time, but when I want to make progress, it's great being able to ride the wave of torque. Just as useful on a B road as it is on the motorway.

For anyone who is considering going with the RTECH stage one...stop thinking and get booking. Just budget for a brake upgrade while you're at it.  :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 06:39:00 pm »
Oddly enough I am looking at brake upgrade as well!  Thanks for sharing.  Has your MPG improved?

What brakes are you looking at?
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline coldcuppatea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 05:16:20 pm »
Oddly enough I am looking at brake upgrade as well!  Thanks for sharing.  Has your MPG improved?

Yes, the fuel consumption has improved. For some reason, around town my car was abysmal before the remap. Around 17mpg, but would do 35mpg on a motorway run. It now does around 24mpg around town and just managed to hit 40mpg on a long motorway run.

I've fitted Golf R brakes already. Miles better than the standard items although I am planning on doing a couple of track days and there have been mixed reports of how well they'll stand up to that. Can't fault them on the road though.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 08:01:01 pm »

Yes, the fuel consumption has improved. For some reason, around town my car was abysmal before the remap. Around 17mpg, but would do 35mpg on a motorway run. It now does around 24mpg around town and just managed to hit 40mpg on a long motorway run.

I've fitted Golf R brakes already. Miles better than the standard items although I am planning on doing a couple of track days and there have been mixed reports of how well they'll stand up to that. Can't fault them on the road though.

Cheers for that. I don't want to ruin the car if you get what I mean. I need to trawl through some threads on here.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)