All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Shark fins . . .

<< < (4/5) > >>

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: SteveP on October 31, 2008, 06:20:40 pm ---Also cars with the dual fin/sting aerial also have the rear window diversity aerial too.
--- End quote ---

I am aware that all rear screens for all Mk5 Golfs have the antenna embedded in the heated rear screen elements, but I thought that only those without the beesting had the additional aerial amplifiers hidden behind the tailgate trim.  I reckon factory Golfs with just the povery spec RCD300 (with its single tuner) don't get the aerial amps, whereas the factory fit RCD500 and the RNS MFD2 along with the later touch-screen versions - which have twin FM tuners, get the two rear hatch diversity amps.

Still can't see how a non GPS and non GSM would have a plain bee sting, and diversity amps too though!

--- Quote from: SteveP on October 31, 2008, 06:20:40 pm ---The only reason I found this out was when my dealer replaced the rear screen on mine they managed to disconnect it which was then found as a fault with VAG COM by VrStu, they have since resolved this and the receiption is the best I have every had on a FM radio.  :smiley:
--- End quote ---

Does yours have factory fit sat nav and/or factory fit GSM prep?

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: v2brett on October 31, 2008, 06:41:18 pm ---heres a pic of my shark fin guys

--- End quote ---

Have you painted yours, because mine is matt black?  :confused:

vRStu:
Yes they can be painted Sean, mine is white to match the rest of the car.

I toyed with getting one for the Octy and painting it race blue.

SteveP:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on October 31, 2008, 07:50:52 pm ---

--- Quote from: SteveP on October 31, 2008, 06:20:40 pm ---The only reason I found this out was when my dealer replaced the rear screen on mine they managed to disconnect it which was then found as a fault with VAG COM by VrStu, they have since resolved this and the receiption is the best I have every had on a FM radio.  :smiley:
--- End quote ---

Does yours have factory fit sat nav and/or factory fit GSM prep?

--- End quote ---

Factory fitted RNS-510 touch screen nav.

My previous GTI (an early 05 plate) had no beesting or fin, that came with the RCD300 single CD so presume that had the rear screen diversity antenna.

v2brett:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on October 31, 2008, 07:51:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: v2brett on October 31, 2008, 06:41:18 pm ---heres a pic of my shark fin guys

--- End quote ---

Have you painted yours, because mine is matt black?  :confused:

--- End quote ---
yeah mate its been painted by the previous owner, sorry i cant help with removal etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version