All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Shark fins . . .

<< < (2/5) > >>

The wheel man:
I diddnt have the OEM sat nav fitted as standard but i did have the Phone prep and i do have the shark fin ariel.  Do you think that the year of the vehicle had anything to do with it??  Mine is a 55 plate..

SteveP:
There is also two types of the shark fin aerial, the older fin only type (like your's T_T) and the newer combined shark-fin and bee-sting type that is fitted to newer cars like mine.  :smiley:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: The wheel man on October 31, 2008, 03:24:38 pm ---I diddnt have the OEM sat nav fitted as standard but i did have the Phone prep and i do have the shark fin ariel.  Do you think that the year of the vehicle had anything to do with it??  Mine is a 55 plate..

--- End quote ---

Yeah, ETKA shows two types of fin, one for GPS only, and another for GPS and GSM.  And mine is a 56 plate, model year 2007.

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: SteveP on October 31, 2008, 03:34:57 pm ---There is also two types of the shark fin aerial, the older fin only type (like your's T_T) and the newer combined shark-fin and bee-sting type that is fitted to newer cars like mine.  :smiley:
--- End quote ---

I ain't seen a combined fin and sting?  :surprised:

I do know that on the Audi shark fins, the GPS only ones have a very slim "base", whereas the GSM and GPS fins have a much wider base at the front of the vertical fin.  :confused:

neg:
Vtec has a combined one - I noticed it last Saturday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version