Make a donation

Author Topic: Broken handle  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Broken handle
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:41 pm »
Hey guys, hopefully someone will be able to shed some light.

The other day I jumped into the car as usual and as I closed the door the whole top part of the handle flew off!

I've taken the cover off before to replace the window switches and the old cover and folks that have done this will know that Thers normally a "bar" or small round handle that stays attached to the door.. Problem is that one of the tabs that holds the bar in place came off with it! Snapped clean off. So I now have a loose handle that I know will get worse! Does anybody have the part number for what I'm talking about? I'll get the photos up soon.

I believe it will be attached to the door and not the door card so when you pull your not pulling the door card. Almost like a fixed point or anchor?

Thanks guys.

George
55 plate mk5 GTi steel Grey.. Full leather with heated seats,  armrest with cd changer and flat bottomed steering wheel. Very standard :( 2.0 Tfsi Petrol.  That's all for now! :P

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
Re: Broken handle
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:50:48 pm »
55 plate mk5 GTi steel Grey.. Full leather with heated seats,  armrest with cd changer and flat bottomed steering wheel. Very standard :( 2.0 Tfsi Petrol.  That's all for now! :P

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:51:42 pm »
The first pic is the whole handle with the bar in place, the second is one of the tabs and the third is the broken tab on the other side!

4ndy

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:45:08 pm »
  Try 1K2 867 180 C7  handle £10.34
        1K4 868 050 C7 cover    £10.34 or £9.88 with 46p discount :stupid:
  Off a receipt dated 17/04/2015
 The internal part is hot melted in place so its Stanley knife and Loctite 401 at the ready. Door card off

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 09:57:14 pm »
It's hot melted to the door? So I'll take off  door cards off and I've undo the bolts and it's it's then still attached? I'll ask my vw guy about those part numbers and see what's the right one. I did take the part numbers for the bar and the cover so I'll be able to rule those out!

Thanks for the reply :)

4ndy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 10:49:35 pm »
Still held in place after screws removed :happy2: Its melted to door card.  The "bar" which slides out is part of this piece :happy2:

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 11:00:11 pm »
Okay I understand now. I just assumed it was part of the frame inside the door! Okay. Seems easy enough to change now.