2 (1.5%)
DNA tuning
3 (2.2%)
PDtuning
3 (2.2%)
jabbasport
3 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author Topic: Who's got what Remap-Poll  (Read 19493 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Who's got what?????
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 12:27:28 pm »
Thanks CARRG

would the select switch  be on the cruise control ?

i got MFSW and Highline but no cruise

Apr for me, possible change to REVO or GIAC in the new year (Not untill Ive seen what the cars doing from Logs / RR's with Apr)

Apr use Cruise. Can be retro fitted for around £199....

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 12:29:15 pm »
Revo is to the UK as what APR is in the US.

Revo have all these cars running their software yet are unable to give advive on why some stage 2 plus cars from 2007 to 2009 models have the flat spot at 5200rpm  :confused:

First they say change the DV, then they say its the valves springs that are weaker on 08+ models, but then once they are proven to be wrong as there are 2007 cars with that fault they just run off.

More people should run GIAC imo.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:33 pm »
Thanks CARRG

would the select switch  be on the cruise control ?

i got MFSW and Highline but no cruise

Apr for me, possible change to REVO or GIAC in the new year (Not untill Ive seen what the cars doing from Logs / RR's with Apr)

Apr use Cruise. Can be retro fitted for around £199....

Why are you considering the change?  Is it because you don't feel you can make the most of your HW mods with the APR map?

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 12:32:38 pm »
^^^ He just gets bored easily :signLOL:
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:50 pm »
Got REVO on my derv chuffed to bits with it :jumping:

:congrats: :congrats: So your pleased. Did you get a before and after dyno? Transforms the car doesn't it.:)

Yeah im chuffed to bits the seems alot smoother really surprises me how quick it now is.

Had the before and after runs

Before remap 162Bhp

After remap 191bhp  :party:

So not bad for what is meant to be a 140

Not sure how acurate his dyno is though

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 12:39:02 pm »
Don't look at the peak figures too much, its better to look at the difference between standard and remapped  :happy2: 

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 12:41:51 pm »
Ah ok.

Nice result but bit out to start then! Thought yours was 170 std  :ashamed:

Mine went through all the stages on those rollers so had good comparison.
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »
Nah 140 mate

Also gave a 40.2lbft increase in torque just fighting off the demons at the moment who are trying to convince me to get a Miltek TBE:evilgrin: Not that its going to give any power increase but apparently it makes it feel alot more free reving and look alot nicer.

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline tinto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
  • Pirelli GTI
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 01:11:18 pm »
APR Stage 2+ on Pirelli GTI (supporting mods of downpipe, APR fuel pump and intercooler).
It is vicious if you open the taps, yet perfectly placid when you need to drive Miss Daisy.

Had Bluefin stage 1 before that, and no problems at all with that tune.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 01:43:09 pm »

Revo have all these cars running their software yet are unable to give advive on why some stage 2 plus cars from 2007 to 2009 models have the flat spot at 5200rpm  :confused:

First they say change the DV, then they say its the valves springs that are weaker on 08+ models, but then once they are proven to be wrong as there are 2007 cars with that fault they just run off.

If you're that sure its REVO's fault then why don't u change to one of the other maps out there and see if it gives the same prob?
If it doesn't THEN you can have a go at REVO, and stick with that alternative map provider and be happy. I'm sure Regal/GIAC/APR would love to take care of you.

But at the moment your constant moaning about REVO not helping you is getting quite boring IMO!

/Rant over.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 01:46:15 pm »
Custom code stage 2 on the eos  :smiley:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 01:47:57 pm »

If you're that sure its REVO's fault then why don't u change to one of the other maps out there and see if it gives the same prob?
If it doesn't THEN you can have a go at REVO, and stick with that alternative map provider and be happy. I'm sure Regal/GIAC/APR would love to take care of you.

But at the moment your constant moaning about REVO not helping you is getting quite boring IMO!

/Rant over.

who said I blame revo?

Their aftercare is rubbish though.  :grin:

One would think that it would be in revo's interest to have an idea why a quarter of the stage 2 plus cars I know of have all got this flat spot so we can get it sorted, instead of apparently not caring.
They claimed it was the valve springs on 08 plus cars, but cars from even early 07 have the same issue which thereotically rules that out, and now they are just silent on the issue which isnt helpful.

Plus it isnt much of a case of me boring you, but there will be members who havent got a map, who might be interested to know that they might go on to suffer this same flat spot, instead of it coming as a surprise to them as it did me. I have sung revos praise big time in the past, and now they have got to take the bad with the good.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:55:49 pm by Poverty »

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 01:57:33 pm »
sorry mate but you're making it quite clear that you think REVO are the cause of this "flat spot" and that they're "hiding" something from the public.

sounds like you should be on VWVortex rather than a uk forum really!

just read the thread on SCN and one of the cars with a similar prob has a CC map. Now THAT i say is an interesting bit of info.

Also you sound like you're absolutely minted on the £££ front so no idea why you've still got a Seat when you're thinking of getting an Audi R8!!! 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:03:01 pm by chungster »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 02:06:01 pm »
sorry mate but you're making it quite clear that you think REVO are the cause of this "flat spot" and that they're "hiding" something from the public.

sounds like you should be on VWVortex rather than a uk forum really!

just read the thread on SCN and one of the cars with a similar prob has a CC map. Now THAT i say is an interesting bit of info.

we never hid the fact that there were other maps from other companies with the same flat spot. Its just the fact that first revo biffed us off saying to check the DV when they were fully aware of the 5200rpm flat spot, then after some more discussion they said change the valve springs. Now we have come to stage where we could very well rule out the valve springs being a issue so what next?

Obviously there is a common factor between these odd 10 stage 2 plus revo cars to have all the exact same issue, with cars ranging from 07 to 09 with varying mileage and if I was revo would want to know more about to advise customers. Its just simple good customer care, instead of not replying to emails etc.

Its funny how quickly people on here snipe about APR big time, but then as soon as I make some liberal comments about revo people get their backs up. If you had one of the cars with the flat spot you would want to know more also, so you could go about getting it fixed, and then share it with the other affected cars so they could get theirs sorted also

Im not saying its revos fault, but there is obviously something slightly different to the affected cars to those that arent.

So no im not blaming revo at all, but they could be more helpful  :booty:

So because I can afford something more upmarket I shouldnt be driving a SEAT?  :stupid:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:09:34 pm by Poverty »

Offline Bogwoppit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 02:18:36 pm »
Anybody using Jabbasport software on the forum?