Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG Maxogen Intake for 2.0TFSI  (Read 77280 times)

Offline cupra_k1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
Re: ITG Maxogen Intake for 2.0TFSI
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 07:03:14 pm »
Fuel trims are better but still a little out. Did you get chance to do any airflow logs mate? As you say it certainly makes the car feel a lot more eager, especially at top end. They do sound awesome though don't they!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2009, 10:11:39 am »
just read a thread on SCN about the mpg going down after fitting the ITG, quite a few guys reckon theirs has. I reckon mine has gone down a fair amount as well since fitting. Id say its down about 2-3mpg.

anyone else noticed this?

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2009, 10:24:02 am »
It makes sense that the MPG would go down.  I have also noticed a 1-2 mpg drop with my cai.

An upgraded CAI will allow more air to get into the engine.  To maintain the specified AFR the injectors will need to inject more fuel into the cylinder and hence cause a decrease in mpg.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2009, 10:30:08 am »
denser air due to the heat shield enclosure, my filter is always cold to the touch after a journey.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2009, 10:40:49 am »
denser air due to the heat shield enclosure, my filter is always cold to the touch after a journey.

Almost  :xmassmiley:

The oxygen content is what is important and is what the engine needs to combust.  Colder air means the the oxygen particles are squeezed closer together and therefore you have more of them.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2009, 11:49:32 am »
thats what i meant by denser air. if its cooler its denser

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2009, 01:49:21 pm »
Are you guys sure it's not just the cold weather we are experiencing as my mpg always drops in winter vs summer?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2009, 01:59:34 pm »
Are you guys sure it's not just the cold weather we are experiencing as my mpg always drops in winter vs summer?

Exactly, mine didn't really change when I first had the ITG fitted (late summer) but has dropped off a little with the colder weather  :santa:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2009, 02:48:20 pm »
im sure that has had a difference on it, but it has been down since fitting it a few months back. it wasnt that cold then either

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2009, 08:33:06 pm »

Ive noticed my 90 degree bend looks a little 'crushed'  The bend going from the back of the engine and down the side.

Any one else?  Also my heat shield is always squewiff when I open the bonnet... :(

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2009, 09:19:55 pm »
give it a little twist mike, dont forget we fitted it in the dark with a mag light so it xocould be sqew wiff. it shouldnt be, have good xmas leave, never saw you before we left.

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2009, 02:00:04 am »

my only overriding issue with this is the fact its an oiled filter. Im not wishing to drag your review off topic but its the only thing that puts me off this. Im just not a great fan of this type, and  feel compelled to agree with TT thoughts on this subject  :surprised:
(not sure its gonna put me off buying one though  :signLOL:)

Cheers John_o  :happy2:

The Dyno operator saw the power tailing off past 5.5k on the OEM airbox so that's why he didn't push it any further.

I never really like the idea of an oiled panel filter (partly because of T_T's comments) but after having the reasons for the oil explained in great detail by Andy @ ITG, plus seeing the inside of the original filter cone I ran for nearly 10k miles, was spotless inside the ali spinning, I can say now say I have no issues with the oiled filter.

http://www.knfilters.com/MAF/massair.htm
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:04:53 am by garethmk1 »

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2009, 06:37:13 pm »
give it a little twist mike, dont forget we fitted it in the dark with a mag light so it xocould be sqew wiff. it shouldnt be, have good xmas leave, never saw you before we left.

:happy2: you got no kink then.  Have a good un man  :drinking:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2010, 03:12:52 pm »

Ive noticed my 90 degree bend looks a little 'crushed'  The bend going from the back of the engine and down the side.

Any one else?  Also my heat shield is always squewiff when I open the bonnet... :(

sounds like you have not installed it properly - the heat shield should be screwed into place using the oem rubber bungs and bolts which are attached to the bottom of the oem engine cover, you just take them off the engine cover and fit them on to the ITG heat shield then bolt in to place - it is very secure once installed properly

I had lost one of the rubber bungs but managed to get them from vw parts dept - £2 for two

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline KC_Gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2011, 12:34:53 am »
Excuse me for digging up an old post. I'm looking at purchasing this induction kit, but have been recommended that i also get a remap done at the same time, otherwise the car may return error codes? Is this true?