Make a donation

Author Topic: New car on Tuesday ....Cited !  (Read 29773 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Re: New car on Tuesday ....Cited !
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »
What was the car like in standard guise whithout SC on? could see if the car performs the same without the map on.

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »
We never did try that, but from what I was told, the power delivery is as it should be when standard - nice and linear all the way to the red line.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2009, 10:27:54 pm »
I aint no mechanic just wondering if there is a smaller issue when standard that is amplified when the car is mapped.

Is it possible to have Bluefin sent back and reloaded?

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2009, 10:37:38 pm »
You are maybe right, but the thing is that the car is doing what is asked of it. Specified boost is not over 1 Bar until after 4000rpm. I never did think to check the throttle position via vagcom when doing the logs though. I guess that would have been worth checking too in hindsight. Brain wasnt working all to well tonight though as I am pretty tired. :signLOL:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2009, 12:01:58 am »
I believe that this 4000rpm boost symptom you are experiencing is as a result of Superchips "revised" map which makes for more traction lower down the range - I may be way off here - but seeing that makes me think that that may have been the problem with my original bluefin map. I asked them to revise it !!

Like I said I may be way off,

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2009, 12:05:25 pm »
Al, do you not think it may be worth him trailing the Revo software and seeing if it has the same symptoms? Because if it does, then you can rule out a fault with the SC software and vice versa..

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2009, 01:07:37 pm »
doubt very much its your dv valve its positioned in a different area on the ed30 KO4 away from the turbo so alot less likely to fail

my thinking is its the remap - this was one of the reasons i swapped to revo from superchips, the boost doesn't come on a until c4krpm then all hell lets loose which meant it felt quick but not very progressive -

i swapped to revo 2+ and it is alot smoother as the boost comes on gradually from lower rev's rather than one big hit at 4krpm

you should have a 28 day money back guarantee, using the handset switch back to stock get a trial of apr or revo and if its noticeably better then send the bluefin back

its a £20k car whats another hundred or so quid to make sure you are happy with it  :happy2:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2009, 05:22:49 pm »
ill see if i can find my data logs, im sure mine isnt as late as 4000rpm. Ill hunt my post of my logs when i find it.#

Our cars are both the same accept mines dsg.

Agree with Gareth at 1st thoughts as this sound like the tuned down version or the less aggressive map.

But ive just thought, my car logged with the Manual map with vRStu which turned out to be a duff map.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 05:25:10 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2009, 05:35:52 pm »
This was my initial thoughts on my bluefin, going back a while, whether yours is like this?

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7359.15

From my reply 22

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2009, 05:58:34 pm »
I found these from a Bluefin stage 1 Edition 30. They may be of some use.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2009, 07:10:51 pm »
looks like you need to get superchips to send you another map. Looking at hedges post, actual and requested boost levels are completely differnt at the same revs, by some way on yours Subaru.

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2009, 02:52:31 pm »
Al, do you not think it may be worth him trailing the Revo software and seeing if it has the same symptoms? Because if it does, then you can rule out a fault with the SC software and vice versa..

Yeah he could do I guess, but he would probably be wiser to see if Superchips can sort this for him before he jumps ship so to speak.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2009, 05:56:18 pm »
This was my initial thoughts on my bluefin, going back a while, whether yours is like this?

From my reply 22

weird, im sure when they gave me mine they said there was only one map for DSG and manual ?

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2009, 06:09:34 pm »

From my reply 22

weird, im sure when they gave me mine they said there was only one map for DSG and manual ?
i did say that, and they confirmed there are two different types aswell as two different agressive set maps too shaun.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2009, 06:14:00 pm »

From my reply 22

i did say that, and they confirmed there are two different types aswell as two different agressive set maps too shaun.

LOL, well it was a while back when i asked, i have sent an email of just in case, since i reset the ecu the near 4k limit is evident again, although its not in all gears from what i can see, i will see what they say and will see how it goes when the car beds back in