Make a donation

Author Topic: New car on Tuesday ....Cited !  (Read 29754 times)

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
Re: New car on Tuesday ....Cited !
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2009, 11:58:12 am »
so does this means that the superchip map is effecting the 'Electronic Throttle Control' - anyone got any logs for the other remaps showing the throttle?

i presume this is how they create their reduced low down torque maps by controlling the ETC  :confused:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2009, 01:01:41 pm »
ok on the basis of that your throttle seems to work just fine  :happy2:
I have asked for the data to plot as it is very diff to read but
your N75 data varies std to mapped but that could be norm...

I can also see that for mapped this time ath the start of one run you managed 99.6% at 1900-2000 rpm for a brief moment then it dropped again then back up to 99.6% at 3800 rpm.

Either SC control some areas by altering throttle control OR you have an issue thats causing the engine to reduce load based on a problem (despite your foot being WOT)

On all previous data I would have erred on the SC side effecting ETC but having seen a 99.6% value at 2krpm for the mapped data I'm now not so sure.

At the end of the day its the angle sensor value thats being measured......if that changes (despite WOT) and the throttle works normally in std mode I can only assume at this stage to concur with whiteGTI that it appears this is how SC are modulating the way the map works

on the basis of what you have so far, Superchips should be helping you to resolve this.

other option would be to get an REVO or APR trial , then wouldnt the SC handset allow you to flash back to stock or SC mapped map that are stored in the handset.

(waits to plot data..)
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2009, 01:12:34 pm »
Plot sent.

For what its worth, I found another car with the same map and same characteristics. Info here - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2725852&postcount=47

Having seen the Bluefin kit, it looks real slick and seems easy to use. It is my opinion however having looked at the logs that the car appears to do everything asked of it. I think now is the time to go Revo unless SC come up with the goods or some bright spark on here can suggest something because I know a Revo or GIAC Golf would destroy Kev's Ed30 as it is and I think it must be to do with the map given that the car behaves exactly as it should when standard.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:15:43 pm by djhorace »

Offline john_o

• Thank You
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2009, 01:17:14 pm »
which kinda confirms it .......

thanks for the data.

I guess its up to the original poster to decide if SC map is the way for them.
Im very surprised by the outcome of this  :surprised:

whether the drivetrain/clutch can take it is one thing, but an ED30 spooling at 2700rpm ish is one of the best things about mapping....
Red ED35 5dr DSG
BLOG | BUILD

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2009, 01:21:27 pm »
DJHorace (Allen) has been the most helpful guy i think i have ever met, nothing seems to be a problem for meeting up, he gave up his friday night at the drop of a hat to do some logging on my car and has spent some time making enquiries for me...absolute gent !  :drinking:

That's because he is a VAG SLAG and can't get enough of it, ey Al?  :rolleye: :grin:
I'll settle for speed freak thanks  :driver:!

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2009, 11:04:09 pm »
Bring him down to Crail and he can get a look at the Giac performance. Its even quicker now its shed some weight with a shortened plate. :rolleye:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2009, 12:10:16 pm »
OK folks, time to draw a line under all this, I took my car in for the REVO treatment this morning and all i can say is   :happy2:
Car pulls hard all the way from just over 2000 RPM to the redline, so basically there was a problem with the SC map despite the SC dealer saying it was the latest map and no problem at all.
Not sure if i will get anything back for bluefin as it was already installed in my car when i bought it, so might just sell the handset on fleabay.
REVO doing a deal just now and including the SPS2+ handset FOC so nice little deal i got and i am chuffed with the performance of the car, it really shifts now  :jumping:

Thanks to eeryone who had an input on this thread, all your time is very much appreciated  :notworthy:

Kevin.  :driver:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2009, 12:54:17 pm »
Good Good! Same place that did Allen's car?  There is r/r down at star on the 24th Jan you should bring it down put it on the rollers.

On another note I got my Tardis delivery so will send you some up :happy2:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2009, 01:14:49 pm »
If i am off (i work shifts) i may well come down to the rr day and see what sort of power it is showing now  :smiley:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:03 pm »
Glad you got it sorted Kev.  :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Lean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • DSG +..
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2009, 03:23:38 pm »
I love a happy ending!!  :congrats:

REVO FTW!  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2009, 03:42:56 pm »
Car pulls hard all the way from just over 2000 RPM to the redline, so basically there was a problem with the SC map despite the SC dealer saying it was the latest map and no problem at all.

same experience as you  mate on my k03. changed to another vendor and it made the bluefin seem like sh!t.
it doesnt make sense to me though as for some people they work great, for others they dont. ie hedges is smashing out some right figures on his on a DD, so they can do it.

Not sure if i will get anything back for bluefin as it was already installed in my car when i bought it, so might just sell the handset on fleabay.

the problem you have is a new bluefin handset is only 390 sheets, i sold my handset for £60 purely as it was going to cost the buyer a further £190 to have the handset rest for another vehicle. (£190 is what superchips quioted him BTW)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2009, 07:18:19 pm »
OK folks, time to draw a line under all this, I took my car in for the REVO treatment this morning and all i can say is   :happy2:
REVO doing a deal just now and including the SPS2+ handset FOC so nice little deal i got and i am chuffed with the performance of the car, it really shifts now  :jumping:

Thanks to eeryone who had an input on this thread, all your time is very much appreciated  :notworthy:

Kevin.  :driver:

what did it cost you in the end ?

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2009, 07:39:47 pm »
The revo cost me £573 that included the sps plus switch.
As far as the revo sttings go, it is set on the safe side with boost 6, fuel 9 and Timing 4, im going to see Allen and get it set for optimum performance, that should make it a bit more lively  :smiley:

Kev.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2009, 08:59:08 pm »
glad it all got sorted in the end  :happy2:
compared to what you had before it must fly now ...

shame as I reckon some effort by SC to help you and you would have stayed a customer and with good output....

enjoy the lack of traction  :driver:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
BLOG | BUILD