Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI DSG nearly stalling when braking  (Read 6466 times)

Offline robmcclel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
Re: GTI DSG nearly stalling when braking
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 01:14:22 pm »
I had this problem when my diverter valve failed except mine would actually stall sometimes, maybe try changing that its probably the cheapest one to try first?

Offline Andy-GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »
I'll be changing the DV as a maintenance item so this will be getting done soon as.  but I fail to see how it could effect the idle? Isn't it to re circ boost? (Excuse my lack of knowledge)

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline robmcclel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 09:03:22 am »
Yes it is to recirc the boost, not got a clue how it was affecting mine, I have the forge vacuum operated one and the vac hose had broke of so it wasn't opening when it should do and for some reason this was making it stall when I came to a stop.

I'll be changing the DV as a maintenance item so this will be getting done soon as.  but I fail to see how it could effect the idle? Isn't it to re circ boost? (Excuse my lack of knowledge)

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline Amir32

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 11:07:39 am »
Is this sorted now? What was it?

Offline Andy-GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 11:24:03 am »
Hello,

Still no further forward. It may just be me but I don't notice it doing it much and the cars done at least 1000 miles in the last week or so.

It's due a service soon which I'm going to do a DSG oil/filter change along with a reset, if the stealers have any idea how to do one lol!!!

Will update thread once done. Car drives fine so am not jumping at it as fast as maybe I should, if it's the mechatronics unit, I want to be 100% sure before throwing that kind of cash about. Doesn't seem to be a vast amount of people who like to deal with these DSG boxes locally either