Make a donation

Author Topic: Brand new Mk5 Gti Member saying hello!  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Joe Hryszko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Brand new Mk5 Gti Member saying hello!
« on: May 12, 2015, 12:56:38 pm »
Hi guys!

First off thought I better introduce myself with a little bit about my car background, I always love the forums and this one seemed to the one to go for!!

After owning a Mini cooper, selling that and buying a Clio Sport 182 in racing blue I recently bought a 2005 Mk5 Golf gti 3 door in Black, a car that I have always wanted to own but not quite been able to afford buying/running. One came up locally, within budget and its absolutely perfect. Its just ticked over 78k miles, its got full VW service history (previously owned by a VW service technician) the car has nearly every optional extra such as the heated leather seats & factory fitted VW Sat nav too. Cam belt was changed on 58k miles, it was serviced the day I bought it along with two brand new front pirelli tyres, its had a couple of panels replaced on VW's paint warranty by the previous owner too with receipts for every bit of work carried out! After owning a Clio Sport cup, this is a nice luxurious change, whilst still feeling just as quick and perfect for what I wanted! I was wanting something slightly comfier as I do a long journey every weekend for work.

Couple of pictures of my old clio and my now new Golf GTI! :D

Really looking forward to becoming a part of the community on here!

I am looking at doing some modifications, nothing too major but if anyone has any suggestions for easy and great mods for the mk5 as I am very new to the VW scene! Thanks guys, Joe.

Untitled by Joe Hryszko, on Flickr

That was my old Clio and now my new Golf Gti :)

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a8p2kos8h3iud9iccp2sns8m0o&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
Re: Brand new Mk5 Gti Member saying hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »
Welcome.

Have a look at the mods section it should help you get started.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/index.php?page=mods

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:19:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum Joe,some nice motors you have had,As for mods for the car have a look in the members rides to get some ideas.Be warned that once you start on the modding road you will be hooked :signLOL:

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:16:28 pm »
Hey joe. Welcome to the forum. Nice 182 in the best colour  :signLOL: did you have a members ride on cliosport i seem to remember seeing it. Could be wrong matey.

Offline Joe Hryszko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:11:08 pm »
Welcome.

Have a look at the mods section it should help you get started.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/index.php?page=mods

Thank you for that, I will have a look now!! :)

Offline Joe Hryszko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:13:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum Joe,some nice motors you have had,As for mods for the car have a look in the members rides to get some ideas.Be warned that once you start on the modding road you will be hooked :signLOL:

Thank you for the warm welcome! Thank you very much, loved the little 182 (its still sat on my drive waiting for the new owner to pick it up) I cant wait to be hooked... Already put LED numberplate bulbs in, picked up a pipercross panel filter tonight and ordered some open front fog grills... oops

Offline Joe Hryszko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:35 pm »
Hey joe. Welcome to the forum. Nice 182 in the best colour  :signLOL: did you have a members ride on cliosport i seem to remember seeing it. Could be wrong matey.

Hi mate, thank you! I agree on the colour, bit bias from me though  :ashamed: I did indeed, had a build thread going on there for quite a few months!

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 06:02:26 pm »
Yeh i remember it i used to loiter on there alot before i came over to the darkside . As for mods thats one slippery slope coming from the 182 i would imagine the stock gti zorst is a bit tame. Bcs powervalve thats where my money goes next.

Offline Joe Hryszko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 11:43:20 pm »
Yeh i remember it i used to loiter on there alot before i came over to the darkside . As for mods thats one slippery slope coming from the 182 i would imagine the stock gti zorst is a bit tame. Bcs powervalve thats where my money goes next.

Yeah I had my fair share of problems with the little 182, Ive already ordered a few... open front fog grills, smoothed front grill, a couple of other little bits! To be fair, without sounding like an old man (Im only 20 i promise), the 182 miltek was in some cases, too loud..... I DJ and on nights when I dont finish until 6am, it was a little bit anti-social. Still very impressed with the stock zorst, plenty of noise when you go for it but quiet enough when just tootling round!