Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 Marmite Interior  (Read 1987 times)

Offline ocrory

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
ED30 Marmite Interior
« on: April 22, 2015, 02:36:42 pm »
So I'm in the market for an ED30 and have been keeping an eye out for the right one for a while now. Spotted this which I thought I'd share - pretty much ideal spec but I'm note sure about the "bespoke" interior which is bound to go down like marmite on here

http://www.thinkingofcars.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen-golf-gti-edition-30-t-230ps-dsg-5dr-cherished-vehicle-3611#

If you can live with the interior, it's decent value considering the spec and mileage from what I've seen on my hunt

Offline Tim@Prestige

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
    • Car Clubs Insurance Scheme!
Re: ED30 Marmite Interior
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:45:36 am »
Hi & welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

We offer a car insurance scheme for registered users on here so hopefully this will benefit you as well as your time on here!
(Starts at age 21).

With kind regards
Tim
0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 by mobile & mention this forum to benefit.
www.prestigekeepmoving.com
(Minimum premium £300)

Offline Paul_

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »
welcome  :happy2:

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:10:22 pm »
I quite like the interior me, it's different.
Reckon it would be better if they hadn't done the headrests tho.

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 12:04:07 am »
Welcome mate, you wont regret getting an Edition 30. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 10:18:55 pm »
Good luck on the hunt! The forum will be a help, for sure.

That car has pretty much every factory option I can see for a car of that year (although can't tell if it has the folding mirrors/puddle lights). Look like quality spec tyres too (amazing the number of these are run on nasty budget stuff by non-enthusiast owners).
Update to an RNS510, & change the trim for standard ED30 interior, IMHO, and that is one very nice specification example.

I love Marmite, hate that interior  :sick:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 06:35:40 am »
Them seats look horrific lol

Redemption

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 09:03:28 am »
Saw this in the real the other day and the interior is actually much better in person and has been done properly. I'm not usually a fan of red leather (although this is more a dusky red colour) but I rather liked it. From what I could see after having a good poke around is that it does have pretty much every factory option including the folding mirrors with puddle lights. The only thing I couldn't find was a cd changer as there wasn't one in the centre armrest. The exterior has been supagarded so the paintwork is in good condition and had almost no swirls but silver does hide those well anyway. The rear bumper/valance has some marks so needs a respray, as do the brake calipers as they're looking a bit iffy paint-wise. There were a few other little marks around the car. Wheels were in very good nick.

Tyres weren't bad but I'd change them all anyway and it would need a proper clean up and steam clean of the engine bay. It was also missing it's floor mats but the radio code and sat nav disc were there along with owners manual and binder. The service book must have been in the sales office as it wasn't in the car that I could see (unless I missed it).

Was a nice car considering the age and mileage and I'm still half tempted to chop mine in for it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:07:31 am by Redemption »

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 10:28:21 am »
I'd be slightly concerned as to why it's been changed. At that mileage it's unlikely to have worn out, has the car been stolen and had the seats nicked? Are the alloys originals? (Thinking was it nicked and easily removed parts taken??) If you can speak to previous keeper, and obviously hpi it, it might put your mind at rest. Ultimately the ed30 is sought after for amongst a few reasons it's exclusivety, and this has lost a big part of its originality for me. It's a touch strong on price so the lack of originality might be a good bargaining tool.

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
I doubt the interior has been taken out because the vehicles been stolen when there are some seats in there that look like they could have been pricey.. Even though I think they're kind of hideous.

For the price I'd go for it.. And being at a garage you always have room to haggle :)

Redemption

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 05:04:24 pm »
Probably a case of the previous owner not liking the original GTI tartan so they changed it. Not keen on the tartan myself, much prefer the Pirelli's alcantara/suede or standard leather. As I said before, that red quilted leather actually looks a lot better in the real, which surprised me.

Offline ocrory

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 03:31:03 pm »
Cheers y'all. I reckon Redemption is right and it looks pretty good in the flesh but I quite like the throwback tartan. The leather looks quite good but would be the kinda thing you expect to see in an Alfa or something similar. Either way, it looked like a bargain and someone's gone for it as it's now sold according to the website.

Offline cupra.al

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 06:40:26 pm »
welcome