Make a donation

Author Topic: Bendy Returns - Audi Content!!!!!!!  (Read 7318 times)

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
Re: Bendy Returns - Audi Content!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 08:30:37 am »
Sweet project car Bendy. Glad to see you back on here.  :happy2:

Thanks Hurdy. See your R has got even more mad since I was last on here. Looking at getting across t the nurburgring in a couple of months.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 08:32:07 am »
Good cars. Proper old skool turbo lag then they fly.
Is this a 3b engine code. Or the later one?

Thanks - Its a 3B. 1991 year.

Yeah the turbo lag is funny. Have to make sure you do quick shifts at the red line otherwise it drops off boost.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 08:33:14 am »
Love the old B4 Coupe. S2 is a beast. Got a valver myself!

Thanks Yours looks like a good one. What did you do to get the grill black? Want to do this to mine but don't want it to all start peeling off when it gets a chip or something.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 08:34:56 am »
Subrafames and wishbones will be back from powdercoaters this week. So start putting it back together next weekend.

Anybody know a good place to get the Geometry done not too far from Woking?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 08:46:28 am »
It's a pain in the backside, but you need to peel the chrome off, flat, spray. Obviously the longevity of the finish depends on prep and paint quality etc.

The chrome surround comes away from the main body of the grill, and you'll need to do this before you start picking away at the chrome. I used a stanley and soldering iron to get at the lugs that hold the two bits together, and once sprayed up used a hot glue gun to rejoin them. What's left of the lugs makes alignment easy.

The worst part of it all is removing the chrome. It takes a while and the peelings are razor sharp. Wear gloves, don't do it where bare feet may follow, and take your time. I used a blade to initially pick away enough to grip with a pair of pliers, then gently peeled it off the plastic. There is a knack to it. Try not to score the plastic under the chrome when you attack it, it just adds more hurdles to the flat and primer process!

I actually think I have a B4 grill somewhere if you need one to have a go.

And thankyou, my Coupe is a beaut, but needs to go soon to make room for the GTI!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:39:39 pm by AJP »

Offline fab5freddy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 05:37:44 pm »
Hey Ben, welcome back matey  :happy2:

Will be watching this closely, she's a beaut  :driver:

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:46 am »
Yesterday I picked up the subframes and wishbones from the powder coaters.

As the weather was so good I made a start on putting the car back together yesterday evening.

Got the front subframe and wishbones all back together. If I get time tonight will start on the back.

Some photos for you.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Bendys S2 and my reincarnation as RENNTAG
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 10:34:33 am »
Hi All,

Bit of an update! You may have noticed my forum name has changed. This is because I have recently set up my own business so have set up as a Forum trader so I can bring my products to all of you.

I will be putting up some of our products in the traders section over the coming days. Feel free to take a look at our website www.renntag.co.uk. I will also have a stand at GTI International this year so hope to see some of you there  :happy2:

We will be adding many more products to our webpage so please keep visiting the page but I will post anything new in the forum aswell.

On the S2 side of things. The suspension work is now all done  :laugh: it feels so much more in control and a lot more fun. Getting the car tracked was a nightmare, the garage think it may never have had the tracking done in all of its 24 years so everything was very much seized up. However all sorted now and ready for some days out on track. Will get some photos up once I have given it a clean. Looks in a right state atm.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:06:24 pm by RENNTAG »

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 11:15:40 am »
A late update,

Its been back on the road about two weeks now. Here is a rubbish iphone picture of how it sits;

The handling is so much better, the steering is much more direct.

I have not had a chance to play with the settings on the coilovers, currently its just on KW's recommended bump and rebound settings. So will have a play around with those to improve the handling.