Make a donation

Author Topic: black GTI Progress  (Read 18275 times)

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 4
Re: black GTI Progress
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:46 pm »
Hi mate,

Sorry for the late reply. i didn't log a time. as it was my first lap i just wanted to know where i was going so i was pretty reserved but the go pro was on for around 12 mins. Started it at the ticket office then turned it off once back at the diner. Had to slow down at the end because of the yellow flag.

Little update,

Car is super dirty and needs a good wash. Currently parked near another gti. think it belongs to @Deano45  but i could be wrong. His car is so clean it makes mine look like crap. Anyways looking at possibly getting a set of stance+ coilovers and a few other handling mods. Want to get the handling sorted before taking the trip to R-Tech for more power.

Im also thinking about colour coding the side skirts and rear valance. And i most definitely need to do some paint correction but I'm thinking I've left it a bit late as the s**t weather is closing in. Can anyone recommend a good set of cleaning products?? Currently using poor boys black hole but i am in need of a decent clay bar kit and a good product to seal the car with.

As always thanks for reading

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2016, 04:52:10 pm »
I use natty's paste wax sealer after poorboys, wipe on buff off, easy. I've seen they now sell one specific for black cars now too.

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2016, 05:48:37 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided I want to satin my grill. How did you separate it?

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2016, 08:16:28 pm »
Dead easy mate. Pop the bonnet. There are some screws/torx bits along the top of the grill then I pretty much just pull it off. There is some screws which connect the lower and upper half of the grills but mine weren't there. They are below the number plate mate. You'll be able to see them if you look.

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2016, 08:25:02 pm »
Dead easy mate. Pop the bonnet. There are some screws/torx bits along the top of the grill then I pretty much just pull it off. There is some screws which connect the lower and upper half of the grills but mine weren't there. They are below the number plate mate. You'll be able to see them if you look.

I can work out how to separate the honeycomb grill from the number plate part. Mine appears to be one piece.

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2016, 08:36:12 pm »
All i done was tape off the area I didn't want to paint. Under the paper is the lipstick and the rest of the grill

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »
All i done was tape off the area I didn't want to paint. Under the paper is the lipstick and the rest of the grill

Oh I see. I though you had got it apart. I'll do that. Cheers mate.

Offline DMackie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2016, 10:35:35 pm »
Hi there. Loving the build thread. Did you manage to get some logs of temps now you have a cold air pipe up to the ramair?

Tempted to buy one for mine and get a decent air feed to it.

Cheers

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2016, 08:00:11 pm »
Hi guys.

@DMackie I haven't managed to yet sorry. But I will get round to it.

Just a little update. I've fitted some vibe slick 6 inch speakers to the front. These speakers make the audio so much more crisp.

Also today I fitted a pioneer mvh-av280bt. The sound quality from this is amazing. Definitely an upgrade from standard. The unit is mechless but that doesn't bother me. I rarely listen to cd's. It has the option of Bluetooth, aux and USB so it accepts a lot of media. The unit also plays films from the USB.

The units red lights match the one interior and it's completely plug and play with the correct ISO to quad lock adapter and an aerial adapter. I purchased the adapter which allows for steering wheel controls and these work great. In the future I may add the reverse camera.

Thanks again for reading

Offline barelyrelevant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:46 pm »
I found this thread searching for info on the Dension as I was thinking of buying one just to play music off USB through my MFD2.

Are they good bits of kit? I know there are some cheaper alternatives but they all seem to be capped at 99mb file size and not 100% convinced of the quality, the Dension's look better though.

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »
I liked the dension. Only ever used it through Bluetooth though. Cannot comment on the sound through USB or using the aux.

Good bit of kit for the money

Offline barelyrelevant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2016, 06:36:36 pm »
I liked the dension. Only ever used it through Bluetooth though. Cannot comment on the sound through USB or using the aux.

Good bit of kit for the money

Ah ok, thanks for replying anyway.