Make a donation

Author Topic: black GTI Progress  (Read 18323 times)

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 4
Re: New Car
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 10:43:50 am »
Thanks dave.

Yeah seen a ramair kit for £154 on flea bay.

Not going to lie I kinda like the engine cover atm. Keeps everything looking neat.

Any idea what's involved to modify it?

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 01:37:07 pm »
Another question.... What sort of price am I looking at for the cam follower?? Am I best off getting it from the dealer??

Really can't wait to pick the car up now. Just want to drive it.  :happy2:

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »
Awesome stuf thanks. Just purchased it. Had a flick through your build thread. Gave me some good ideas. Nice car!

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »
So ive got a small collection of parts already and i havent even got the car yet. haha

This is getting addictive.

Keep looking at so much and wanting to buy soo much.

Anyone got any recommendations for for springs? have been looking at H&R's.

thanks again

:driver:

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 04:39:34 pm »
So I picked my car up yesterday morning amd my god I'm in love. Such a nice drive and the grin I get when I put my foot down is emence.

Got the mod bug though. Looking at a ram air induction kit at the minute and looks like I'm definitely going to do the pre cat delete.

One happy lad right now  :driver: :happy2:

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
Hey guys,

Its been a while but thought i would give a little update.

Recently fitted the Polo aerial, makes the car look so much better. Also changed the cam follower, didn't look too bad but glad i changed it. At least i can forget about it for a while.

Need to do a DSG oil change. Anyone got any idea on how much this costs?

Ordered a Pipercross air filter aswell. Will hopefully fit at the weekend.

Will post pics up soon.

I have a question about exhausts. What bits have people changed on them?? Backbox?? centre section? etc.
Also thinking about doing a precept delete. Any ideas on how long this takes?? Looks fairly simple.

Thanks.

Any advice or help welcome.

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: black GTI Progress
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
hi all,

Little update.

Pipercroos air filter is now installed, can't tell if its made any difference but the old one was pretty dirty so I'm glad i changed it.

Looking at buying and MFD2 nav unit off one of the guys on here. Guessing its just a straight plug n play swap with the RCD300 that i currently have.

Fitted led's in my sidelights and rear number plates. Look really good at night. Will post some pics up when it gets dark.

Also purchased some PoorBoys Black hole wax for my car. Yet to arrive yet but hopefully will help remove some of the swirl marks you can see on my paintwork.

Looking to get the following done at some point:

1. MFD2
2. Colour code rear bumper and side skirts
3. Change the colour of my wheels (looking at anthracite maybe)
4. Remap (unsure who by yet but possibly looking at Revo)
5. Cat back exhaust system (up for debate)
6. DSG gearbox oil change

Thanks for reading.

Any help tips etc please feel free to comment  :happy2:

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »
just a little update.

Haven't done much recently.

Brought some Poor Boys Black hole to use whilst cleaning the car and what a difference it makes to the cars shine. Its great for hiding the notorious swirl marks of a black car.

Also had a little spend on some H&R 30mm springs. Should have them fitted some time this week.

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 05:41:28 pm »
So i got my springs fitted last night.

All went pretty well until i went to drive off the ramp, my cv joint had popped off.

After an hour we managed to get the driveshaft back together, however now its knocking so I'm gonna have to fit a new one.

No before use shots as i forgot to take one but most of you know the standard ride height.

Here some after shots taken today.

Ride is pretty much the same but there is less body roll when your going around corners.

When changing the front springs I found that removing the hub assembly and strut together was a lot easier than just removing the strut.

Looking forward to see how she sits once fully settled.

Thanks for reading

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 06:52:45 pm »
So weird you say that as I put some h&r 30 mm on last week and now mines knocking at slow speeds while turning and also if I hit a slight bump while driving there seems to be a slight knock.

Looks good man

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 07:10:10 pm »
So weird you say that as I put some h&r 30 mm on last week and now mines knocking at slow speeds while turning and also if I hit a slight bump while driving there seems to be a slight knock.

Looks good man

That is very strange.

I know my passenger side popped out completely as once done i had no drive and a grinding noise.
When i checked the knuckle had come completely apart. my mate is pricing up a new cv for me tomorrow.

Hoping thats what it is, if not could be drop link for the ARB. ill see if i can have a look at my ARB.

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 07:22:25 pm »

Looks good man

That is very strange.

I know my passenger side popped out completely as once done i had no drive and a grinding noise.
When i checked the knuckle had come completely apart. my mate is pricing up a new cv for me tomorrow.

Hoping thats what it is, if not could be drop link for the ARB. ill see if i can have a look at my ARB.

Let me know how you get on, I'm planning on getting my mechanic to have a nosey round to try and determine what it is as I don't have a clue what I'm looking for  :jumping:

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »

Looks good man

That is very strange.

Let me know how you get on, I'm planning on getting my mechanic to have a nosey round to try and determine what it is as I don't have a clue what I'm looking for  :jumping:

:happy2:

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2015, 08:03:16 pm »
Hi guys.

Had my new CV joint fitted yesterday. I am pleased to report that most of the knocking has now gone.

However, there is still a slight knock when turning in either direction at slow speeds. Can anyone shed any light??

Thanks