Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitting coilovers, difficult removing standard strut  (Read 1315 times)

Offline MarkyN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • www.instagram.com/marky_n
Fitting coilovers, difficult removing standard strut
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:22:27 am »
Bought some coilovers weekend.
Got everything greased up and free'd off on the car with the standard struts etc
Removed the bolt for the strut clamp
Removed drop links
Was able to get the strut moving from the clamp but I can't seem to get the rest of the strut out due to the anti roll bar being in the way.
I took off the 3 nuts from the bottom arm which made me have a little bit more movement but still not enough.

I have been told to jack the complete front end of the car up and this will drop te anti roll bar more than enough to get the struts out.

At the moment I am only jacking up one side, I spent a while freeing stuff off last night but had to put all standard back on due to this anti roll bar.
If jacking the front up both sides will 100% help me get the strut out I will give it another go this weekend if not what are my other options of getting the strut enough room to pull out?

Thanks in advance

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Fitting coilovers, difficult removing standard strut
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 05:39:45 pm »
Remove the the three bolts holding wishbone and remove axle
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.