Make a donation

Author Topic: Thinking of changing from revo to rtech  (Read 6827 times)

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Thinking of changing from revo to rtech
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 05:17:23 pm »

on the TFSI tuning Facebook group (well worth joining if you are on FB), been literally 5 people every week complaining of white smoke & poor running. Each time it was remedied by fitting OEM PCV.

I'll try to find James post from a while back where his Forge catch can caused white smoke

EDIT: restrictive Forge Catch can: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43854.msg518133.html#msg518133

Can't find any posts on the Twintake, but I recall that @RedRobin removed his after noticing no gains over his OEM intercooler. Dan has the technical answer covered above  :happy2:

No one seems to buy the twintercooler these days, I think that in itself says it all. . .

....NOT SO!!!! No performance issues or problems whatsoever in my case with either Forge's Catch Can or Twintake!!!!

I am now at 115,000 miles and have run both for several years and many thousands of miles.

I wrote and posted full illustrated reviews on each product but don't know if this forum has archived them or just lost them.

Not disputing your catch can or Twintake (i didnt mention that above)- although i beleive you were aware of the catch can issue with james car (you've commented on his BT), and the poor performance of the Twintake on K04 cars (you updated your review to refect this).

I was specifically asking about the Twintercooler (not Twintake - my bad) :happy2:

I think my Twintercooler is great Graeme  :happy2:

Offline DomBacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 07:21:41 pm »
Anyone got part numbers for the new pcv and dv?

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2015, 11:38:24 am »
Anyone got part numbers for the new pcv and dv?

PCV - 06F 129 101 R
Diverter Valve - 06F 145 710 G
2007 Tornado Red 3dr Edition 30 - Stage 1
1998 Polo 6n 1.8 20vt - 262 bhp