Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI K03 car won't start....  (Read 9731 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: GTI K03 car won't start....
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 06:10:37 pm »
^^His famous flute  :wink:

Where is he!!!, Robins directional sense normally is exemplerary :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 06:13:02 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 07:08:59 pm »
^^^^
What a great banter, guys!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And not just banter but moral and technical support  :drinking:

The nice RAC/VWassist man got her going.. Battery.. 4.75 years old so has done quite well.. Should have been put on a slow recharge last time this happened about 18 months ago.. I hadn't driven her for 1 week and what had kept the battery going before was regular miles.

Arrived at JKM later than planned but no problem to them. Decided not to muck about with recharges etc and bought a brand new VW battery with full warranty (2 years I think but might be 3).

JamesGTI turned up at JKM - Very very nice new wheels, even when dirty. Great to have a longer chat than we have been able to in the past - Top guy :happy2:. His mum is quite amusing too! She's wondering when her garage will have space once again what with all the oem bits off James' car.

Yes, my Revo got wiped back to 'stock' but I have a Select, not Select Plus switch. So my journey to JKM was back to Boost 7!

Twintake?..  :wink: - Review coming very soon now - You'll have to wait.. Tee Hee  :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:10:47 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:50 pm »

There may be a power drain issue.  I know that problems have reared their heads when the Can-Bus module goes TU.  It allows a constant drain on the battery.  So after a few days the battery is flat.

It's normally ok after just a few days but very good point, Dave, and I need to look into that. :drinking:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 07:13:01 pm »

Twintake?..  :wink: - Review coming very soon now - You'll have to wait.. Tee Hee  :evilgrin:

Havent pulled my finger out, yet.  Although I see Steve has beat me to it  :ashamed:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 07:14:40 pm »

Odd that it had power to make the click click click (as sy mentioned his did the other night) but was completely kapputt.

Sy left his for 5 - 10 mins and it then had enough juice to crank the engine

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 07:17:23 pm »
Glad it was nothing more sinister than a battery. And 48 mins for rac!? That's a long time! Tell them your a lone 18 yr old next time!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 07:17:48 pm »

Odd that it had power to make the click click click (as sy mentioned his did the other night) but was completely kapputt.

mine did it yesterday, lots of click click click, mine hadnt been driven for two weeks and then i had been using the ignition to update the headunit (about 4 hours) so i drained the battery just enough for it not to start :laugh:, i assume my Bluefin is still installed ?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 07:20:19 pm »
^^^^
I've already drafted the info about how and why the Twintake - So be forewarned that the review is long. My reasoning being that it's a strange intake system and I gathered a lot of info to various questions and I'm hoping that such info will either be of interest or helpful to people's understanding.

Also, I know I'm basically a very enthusiastic person about the products I buy but I do search for faults and my forthcoming review is not without minus points.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »

mine did it yesterday, lots of click click click, mine hadnt been driven for two weeks and then i had been using the ignition to update the headunit (about 4 hours) so i drained the battery just enough for it not to start :laugh:, i assume my Bluefin is still installed ?

It's different to Revo.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 07:23:38 pm »
^^^^
I've already drafted the info about how and why the Twintake - So be forewarned that the review is long. My reasoning being that it's a strange intake system and I gathered a lot of info to various questions and I'm hoping that such info will either be of interest or helpful to people's understanding.

Also, I know I'm basically a very enthusiastic person about the products I buy but I do search for faults and my forthcoming review is not without minus points.
Looking foward to your thoughts Mr Proctor  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 07:29:49 pm »

It's different to Revo.

that means its still on then ? :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 08:19:12 pm »
^^^^
Re battery disconnection swiping a remap off:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC Revo only does it because at some time in the past, customers asked for it to swipe. No, I don't know the customer reasoning but it's what Carl @ Revo told me IIRC.

On the other hand, to disconnect the battery is possibly like a total ECU systems shutdown and it automatically reverts to default - but I'm just guessing.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 08:31:17 pm »
Looking Forward to your review robin and your results! I hope your as happy as i am with it!? And the "rubbish" heatshield! Lol :P

Offline Smudgster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 09:52:02 pm »
looking forward to the review as im very close to ordering one!!!!!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:24 pm »
looking forward to the review as im very close to ordering one!!!!!

hes taking his time. im knackered.