Make a donation

Author Topic: Black hazard button fitting  (Read 3569 times)

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Black hazard button fitting
« on: June 11, 2015, 07:55:29 pm »
Just ordered one of these from AKS tuning:

http://www.akstuning.co.uk/#/shop/4572359405/hazard-light-switch/4515580

think it'll look really smart but after doing a search on the forum i can't seem to find any how to fitting guides... any tips for this?

Offline Softishman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Black hazard button fitting
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:59:40 pm »
Remoe trim above stereo and vents and you will easely romive and change the hazard button..! :happy2:

4ndy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 09:37:33 pm »
plenty of youtube vids to help  £20 a bit steep

Offline mrxbox360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: 2008 Golf Mk5 GT TDI Sport 5dr Reflex Silver Personal Enchanced
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 09:47:18 pm »

think it'll look really smart but after doing a search on the forum i can't seem to find any how to fitting guides... any tips for this?

You do realise this is only a insert that fits into your old witch & does illuminate, i looked into these a few months ago & decided for a dark cherry red one.

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:35:54 pm »
plenty of youtube vids to help  £20 a bit steep

i know, but they're pretty hard to get hold of in the uk... they're just as expensive to ship from the states.

just one of them things, once you see it on someone else's car and you gotta do it if it looks nice!

Offline alexharvey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email

Kam88

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 10:56:08 pm »
wow thats really expensive for the black insert and i don't even think it looks that nice sorry mate. i got the cherry dark one only fiver deliverd to my door for the whole switch not only insert  :signLOL:

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 10:59:34 pm »

You do realise this is only a insert that fits into your old witch & does illuminate, i looked into these a few months ago & decided for a dark cherry red one.

yeah man, knew it was just the front part. that's ok though, right? i thought it had to illuminate for mot purposes so need it to do that anyways.

just driving my car today and looked around the dash... that red triangle is so nasty! did think about the red cherry one but it won't go with the stealth look i'm going for.

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 11:03:18 pm »
wow thats really expensive for the black insert and i don't even think it looks that nice sorry mate. i got the cherry dark one only fiver deliverd to my door for the whole switch not only insert  :signLOL:

yep, i know i'm paying through the nose. no cheaper anywhere else though. just goes with the look i'm after so it's all subjective i suppose!  :wink:

Kam88

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 11:03:48 pm »
fair enough everyone has the own taste if you like it thats what counts but if you remove the dash piece and remove the switch it self you can see couple clips round it which you can pull off  :happy2:

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 11:10:24 pm »
fair enough everyone has the own taste if you like it thats what counts but if you remove the dash piece and remove the switch it self you can see couple clips round it which you can pull off  :happy2:

thanks dude, i'll give that a go. :happy2:

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »

yeah man, knew it was just the front part. that's ok though, right? i thought it had to illuminate for mot purposes so need it to do that anyways.

just driving my car today and looked around the dash... that red triangle is so nasty! did think about the red cherry one but it won't go with the stealth look i'm going for.

Hope the fitting goes well  :happy2: It's easy to fit, just take your time and be sure that all the torx screws are removed before pulling at it.

The black looks really good, and (imo) much nicer than the cherry ones.

No probs with MOTs and I've had mine on for the past 3  :happy2:

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 11:03:10 pm »

Hope the fitting goes well  :happy2: It's easy to fit, just take your time and be sure that all the torx screws are removed before pulling at it.

The black looks really good, and (imo) much nicer than the cherry ones.

No probs with MOTs and I've had mine on for the past 3  :happy2:

thanks dude! i got hold of some of the trim removing tools so hopefully it'll come out easy and i'll not snap anything. found a decent youtube video so i'll follow that  :happy2: it's all about personal taste for the colours imo, some people like the cherry one and others the black... it's good to have choice anyway!

it'll go with the rest of the car for sure with no red bits... some people might hate how i've done it but i like it!

Kam88

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 11:12:44 pm »
all that counts is if you like it  :driver:

Offline Softishman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 04:18:29 pm »