Make a donation

Author Topic: Making the Alarm Louder...  (Read 2089 times)

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
Making the Alarm Louder...
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:36:36 am »
Hey guys,

Any chance of making the stock alarm louder without buying a whole alarm?! Maybe changing the speaker thingys?!

Thanks,
Tom
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Re: Making the Alarm Louder...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 10:49:08 am »
Take the bonnet sound proofing out? Where is the siren located? You could try moving it.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:13:11 am »
Take the bonnet sound proofing out? Where is the siren located? You could try moving it.

Not a clue LOL! I was hoping someone on here would have the answer!

The alarm is so quiet its pointless, I can hear it if I'm in the house!!!

Just want something that will ensure I get it if someone breaks in again :(
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 12:36:46 pm »
Not 100% shure BUT i think there is a legal limit on how loud alarm sirens can be ?something to do with db etc.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 04:39:18 pm »
Not 100% shure BUT i think there is a legal limit on how loud alarm sirens can be ?something to do with db etc.

My Toad system can be heard from miles away... It's turned all the way up and mounted high in the engine bay.

When I lived in Basildon (very briefly...) I needed to make sure it was loud and drew attention to the car! Just incase! :happy2:

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 07:16:24 pm »
It takes theievs around 10-12 seconds to get in your car and get yout stereo (so i was told by the policeman who came out when my head unit was ripped out)

I had a clifford alarm that cost me 1200, had everything and they still got what the wanted as they are so quick. No one cares if an alarms going off as people set them off all the time!

Just hide everything, blank out the headunit if you can and tint the rear windows. Park it near camera or well lit areas. Other than that if they want something they are just going to take it. You can vandalize, steal and break into someones car with little chance of getting caught; do 32 through a speed camera though and expect legal action  :stupid:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 07:28:20 pm »
Actually it would need to be 34  :P But yes, it is frustrating. I never leave anything on show out of habit. Crime happens, its a sad fact of life. I've just had to replace a wing mirror that got smashed off whilst the car was parked up. But what can you do? With no evidence, little manpower and loads of red-tape the Police are powerless.

My car came with the alarm fitted, but I'd never add one out of my own pocket for reasons above.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 07:44:57 pm »
I looked into the production of a camera (well several) that you fit in places around the inside of the car, if the alarm (or proximity sensors) are activated they record. Too much for myself as a business, would be good for clifford or someone to do though!

I would pay a lot of money for the security of catching the thieves.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 07:50:25 pm »
I know of an M5 lifted off a guy's drive way, it had the fully factory security system and then some. It had a tracker too. It was never found.

At the end of the day, security measures are there just to keep insurance companies happy. That's why my car has an alarm, previous owner was pretty much forced to fit it by the insurance company because of where he lived. That or he couldn't insure it!