Make a donation

Author Topic: i like these help me stop spending if you can lol  (Read 5325 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: i like these help me stop spending if you can lol
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 02:49:05 pm »
again dude....NOT helping lol :jumpmove: :rolleye:
thanks bud
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 02:51:25 pm »
again dude....NOT helping lol :jumpmove: :rolleye:
thanks bud
matsu

I think it looks mint! Infact I have the same colour car as the one posted! Wish mine looked that good! The lights finsh it off nicely!

The car will deffo get attention tho, some of it maybe unwanted too!!!
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 03:22:54 pm »
There is a member on R32OC who has a black R and these lights and IMO they look  :sick:

Far too much black going on and nothing breaking all the darkness up!

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 03:28:39 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ same for me & again the legal angle ?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 03:31:24 pm »
just spray yours black like benny!  :xmassmiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 04:34:01 pm »
thanks you guys.....NOT! the object of this thread was to put me off not all push me further down the bleeding slope :P
but i like them and think they will look ace on my bmp girl but i will check MOT wise and weigh up the costvs agg vs looking like i want.
seriously tho...thanks for all the input
matsu

Looked into this man, you need to have 50% of light ;)

Where on earth are you getting your information from?!? There's nothing in Contr. & Use regs. and MoT is all about correct colour and the reflectors. Nothing refers directly to the intensity, just that the need to be visable from a 'reasonable' distance. Care to share your 'source'?

Courtesy of my old man:

Reg 4 A lamp shall not be regarded as lamp if it is so painted over or masked that it cannot be readily put to use. (So e.g. Tint spray).

Reg 18:- All obligatory lights should be E or e marked. (Void if modified in anyway)

Reg 20:- Some optional lights should also be marked.

Reg23 Failing to maintain lights. They have to be in good working order  and clean.   (How visible are they? At what distance)

MOT rules say they must be clean and in good, working order and visible from a reasonable distance, but doesn't define 'distance'.

matsu I was just being objective and providing you with the facts, didn't realise you wanted an opinion. IMHO they look god-awful, you don't get more chav than blacked out tail lights - especially proper black ones like that.  :sick:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:36:24 pm by animal »
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 04:41:04 pm »
Erm...had his car fitted with similar item! He just said as long as it doesnt cover more than 50% of the light then all is fine!?

Could be wrong...

thanks you guys.....NOT! the object of this thread was to put me off not all push me further down the bleeding slope :P
but i like them and think they will look ace on my bmp girl but i will check MOT wise and weigh up the costvs agg vs looking like i want.
matsu

Where on earth are you getting your information from?!? There's nothing in Contr. & Use regs. and MoT is all about correct colour and the reflectors. Nothing refers directly to the intensity, just that the need to be visable from a 'reasonable' distance. Care to share your 'source'?
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 04:48:28 pm »
Erm...had his car fitted with similar item! He just said as long as it doesnt cover more than 50% of the light then all is fine!?

Could be wrong...

matsu

He is. Complete BS.

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 05:25:02 pm »
Babelfish translation....

"They offer here on professionally lasierte and orginale tail lamps of a golf 5 The lights are lasiert in a super mirror gloss, as became in the pictures to see and after the treatment not again blocked For show and Tuningzwecke suitably"

The last 5 words are the important ones :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 05:43:35 pm »

My interpretation of animal's dad's points suggest very strongly to me that if either a MoT inspector or an officer of the law didn't like them, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on on several of the counts listed.

That babelfish translation is shocking! But I think Hurdy is right in his interpretation of those last few words.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 06:16:05 pm »
matsu

Courtesy of my old man:

Reg 4 A lamp shall not be regarded as lamp if it is so painted over or masked that it cannot be readily put to use. (So e.g. Tint spray).

Reg 18:- All obligatory lights should be E or e marked. (Void if modified in anyway)

Reg 20:- Some optional lights should also be marked.

Reg23 Failing to maintain lights. They have to be in good working order  and clean.   (How visible are they? At what distance)

MOT rules say they must be clean and in good, working order and visible from a reasonable distance, but doesn't define 'distance'.

matsu I was just being objective and providing you with the facts, didn't realise you wanted an opinion. IMHO they look god-awful, you don't get more chav than blacked out tail lights - especially proper black ones like that.  :sick:
[/b]

lmao animal thanks mate :happy2:
i,ll be going LED methinks...
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »

lmao animal thanks mate :happy2:
i,ll be going LED methinks...
matsu

Good call mate!  :happy2:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 07:29:38 pm »
OEM ones though, yes?!  :scared:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 07:31:09 pm »

My interpretation of animal's dad's points suggest very strongly to me that if either a MoT inspector or an officer of the law didn't like them, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on on several of the counts listed.

Precisely... Policemans rules of thumb (assuming you were already driving like a wally): 'If that's what his tail lights look like, what else is 'wrong' the car'. Hence why VW/OEM+ is the way forward - always!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 08:07:44 pm »

I've been followed and stopped (for high speed in 70 limits) by unmarked police cars a few times and any comment about my car has been words to the effect: "I can see you look after your car, sir" and they've just given it a very quick but expert glance. I make a point of being legal and even contacted the local police when my front number plate dropped off - I was given something to produce in case I was stopped.

We all do things wrong occasionally and the police are just doing their job. It's best to respect them and not take the piss. Believe me, it can make a difference.

Those LED tails I've got are totally oem with all the right approvals etc. [so are my LED Daytime Running Lights but we don't talk about those!]

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!