Make a donation

Author Topic: Cars that are on the road that shouldn't be....  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
Re: Cars that are on the road that shouldn't be....
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 10:57:15 am »
I remember being on the motorway on a work trip. There was a guy in a transit van in front with no brake lights at all.

Dangerous!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 10:33:52 pm »
:surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

WTF!

thats insane, surely the guy must have noticed how his car was handling long before they ended up looking like that?

Not sure but he wanted me to repair it and was angry with me as i refused

Offline vsgti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 10:58:27 am »
See alot of expensive new cars with bald tyres! Why buy an expensive car if you can't maintain it. Also people who forget to turn their lights on in the evening and carry on driving with their DRL's blinding everyone!!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 11:17:13 am »
There's one woman in work with an old Honda accord that has 4 bald tyres, one of which has the steel now poking out. No tax the last 5 years and no nct. Now there's me paying €700 a year for tax and €150 a tyre. Sickens me!

Offline cooljimy84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 18
    • Personal
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 12:24:04 pm »
See alot of expensive new cars with bald tyres! Why buy an expensive car if you can't maintain it. Also people who forget to turn their lights on in the evening and carry on driving with their DRL's blinding everyone!!

Yes DRL are fecking annoying in the dusk point...
There is no replacement for displacement....
But a turbo does help....

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »
It's cute when a y reg Nissan Primera with no brake bulbs decides to brake suddenly in front of you to make a sudden turn.. It's even cuter when they don't indicate while doing this and you're travelling behind them thinking they're A) not braking and B) definitely not turning that corner..  :scared:

Both car and driver should be crushed  :fighting:

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 05:30:51 pm »
There's one woman in work with an old Honda accord that has 4 bald tyres, one of which has the steel now poking out. No tax the last 5 years and no nct. Now there's me paying €700 a year for tax and €150 a tyre. Sickens me!

Sorry mate maybe it's a bit below the belt for me to say it but id have reported her for that im affraid
She's a danger to herself and other road users some of which are your friends and family driving on same roads etc

A had a row with guy in work myself a few years ago over similar issues on his motor and told him if it wasn't sorted that week a was reporting him!

Anyway long story short he did sort the tyres eventually but a few weeks later his car got seized outside work in front of management etc for no tax/insurance  :laugh: :jumpmove:

True story  :sick:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »
Pretty sure my car shouldn't have been on the road for the last year. It was MOT'ed at Harold Wood Audi 12 months ago and they didn't seem to pick up on no less than 3 failure points which I have since learned about this year!  :surprised: (All have been corrected now I am aware of them, and it has 12 months on its MOT again.  :pomppomp:)

They also claim to have carried out a visual inspection of my car including the fluid levels. And of course about 100mi later my oil light came on. First and last time I leave a dealer to check my fluid levels  :fighting:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

dansmith180

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 08:42:24 pm »
Saw a 206 yesterday where only 80% of the top brake light worked, and when they indicated the brake light just flashed very very dimly.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 08:54:50 am »
I pulled a woman over last night in her polo mkiiif because none of her 3 brake lights were working and both right side tyres were punctured!

She hadn't a clue about any of them. People that aren't interested in cars don't even know when something is wrong.

Offline cooljimy84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 18
    • Personal
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 09:53:12 am »
I pulled a woman over last night in her polo mkiiif because none of her 3 brake lights were working and both right side tyres were punctured!

She hadn't a clue about any of them. People that aren't interested in cars don't even know when something is wrong.

It seems cars are seen as an accessory now, I keep seeing the ads for Corsa and fiat 500, with "FUN roof" and new "colour collection"
There is no replacement for displacement....
But a turbo does help....

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 12:35:25 pm »
Another one..

Going along the A38, weather's good, sunroof open.

Hear a screeching, getting louder, thinking 'sh*t, what's that?!' Then realise it's the Renault in lane 1 making the noise, not my car. Panic over!