Make a donation

Author Topic: Odd noise.  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Odd noise.
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:26:33 am »
There is like a clicking sound coming from handbrake area.

Any ideas what this maybe?

Redemption

Re: Odd noise.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:02:13 pm »
Check the plastic trim cover that goes up and around the handbrake lever. The corner bottom edge of mine needed a bit of felt/velcro to stop it 'clicking' on the centre console plastic below near the cup holder section.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:08:00 pm by Redemption »

Offline cooljimy84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 18
    • Personal
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:13:24 pm »
mines a screw rolling around that i drop down there....
 :sad1:
There is no replacement for displacement....
But a turbo does help....

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 02:10:16 pm »

Check the plastic trim cover that goes up and around the handbrake lever. The corner bottom edge of mine needed a bit of felt/velcro to stop it 'clicking' on the centre console plastic below near the cup holder section.

How would it cause a clicking sound?

Hmmmm it's odd. Will have another look

Redemption

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 05:14:20 pm »

How would it cause a clicking sound?

Hmmmm it's odd. Will have another look

It is odd. It 'clicks' as the bits of plastic touch each other. Drove me mental trying to find it as I thought it was something under the passenger seat.  Wiggle the handbrake housing (or centre armrest if you have one) and it will 'click' if it's that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:17:41 pm by Redemption »

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Odd noise.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »
Will have a go. I have noticed it seems to happen more when climate control is on and or just turned off. I found 2 ducts  running past the gearstick awhich look part of the car heating system. Could these some how cause a clicking/tick tick noise?

Redemption

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »
Will have a go. I have noticed it seems to happen more when climate control is on and or just turned off. I found 2 ducts  running past the gearstick awhich look part of the car heating system. Could these some how cause a clicking/tick tick noise?

There are heater vents on the floor under each seat as well as vents in rear of the centre armrest (if you have that fitted) so it's possible they could make a noise. Just have to spend a bit time clambering around the car trying to find the cause!