Make a donation

Author Topic: Euro Tunnel & Shuttle Disruption (Stowaway situation)  (Read 5086 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: Euro Tunnel & Shuttle Disruption (Stowaway situation)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 06:10:24 pm »
...It should all be sorted by July 2nd...

What's significant about the 2nd chap?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Rholtby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
  • Rholtby - 2008 Edition 30
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 09:52:15 pm »
The 2nd of July is when MFL are due to cease trading. They'll then have no grounds to strike although we have been informed they want to try and last it out until next Monday.

Again if I hear anymore I'll updste you all

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 04:19:55 pm »
The 2nd of July is when MFL are due to cease trading. They'll then have no grounds to strike although we have been informed they want to try and last it out until next Monday.

Again if I hear anymore I'll updste you all

Any news @Rholtby ?

Cheers.
Pete

Offline phillips

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83810.msg861989.html#msg861989
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 04:38:19 pm »
Getting the tunnel back on Saturday night, fingers crossed its all fine by then.
VW Jetta DSG, Revo Stage 2, Some Mods Nothing Exciting!

Full VCDS for anyone that needs a little help :)

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »
Getting the tunnel back on Saturday night, fingers crossed its all fine by then.

Tunnel is already open. Has been since yesterday evening.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 06:35:10 pm »

...We know that.

There's substantial disruption and delays though (which is what we're discussing....)

:signLOL:
Pete

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
Pete

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 06:46:34 pm »

...We know that.

There's substantial disruption and delays though (which is what we're discussing....)

:signLOL:

Oh yeah but only really the operation stack on the M20 that's delaying anything now.
I booked one of my work colleagues on the tunnel only yesterday evening for 14:00 today and had no real troubles to speak of other than the queues on motorway.

Offline Rholtby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 07:56:29 pm »
Literally in the last hour or so one of our guys has been sent down to calais as we've been told it's reopen. I have however spoke to a French collegue and they seem to think it's all going to start again tomorrow for another 2 days.

As for the tunnel, it's a bit hit and miss leaving coquelles and last night tourist traffic was backed up onto the A16 motorway. I believe this may be running better now though as I didn't notice any tourist traffic queuing.

DFDS sailing from Dunkerque is busy but running. Tourist traffic has priority over freight

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
Oh yeah but only really the operation stack on the M20 that's delaying anything now.
I booked one of my work colleagues on the tunnel only yesterday evening for 14:00 today and had no real troubles to speak of other than the queues on motorway.

Yeah, that's the point  I suppose - I'm hoping that's clear by 10th as I don't want to have to leave any earlier. It's a 7am start and 3.30 hour journey for me when everything is running smoothly you see  :sick: :scared:

Even just by running one shuttle train an hour (as opposed to the normal two), that's already half an hour I've gotta add on in theory with the backlog, and they've been reducing and changing the number of trains all week (from the page I linked above).

Literally in the last hour or so one of our guys has been sent down to calais as we've been told it's reopen. I have however spoke to a French collegue and they seem to think it's all going to start again tomorrow for another 2 days.

As for the tunnel, it's a bit hit and miss leaving coquelles and last night tourist traffic was backed up onto the A16 motorway. I believe this may be running better now though as I didn't notice any tourist traffic queuing.

DFDS sailing from Dunkerque is busy but running. Tourist traffic has priority over freight

Reckon you'll be home in 10 days @Rholtby:innocent:

:happy2:
Pete

Offline Rholtby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 05:32:21 am »

Yeah, that's the point  I suppose - I'm hoping that's clear by 10th as I don't want to have to leave any earlier. It's a 7am start and 3.30 hour journey for me when everything is running smoothly you see  :sick: :scared:

Even just by running one shuttle train an hour (as opposed to the normal two), that's already half an hour I've gotta add on in theory with the backlog, and they've been reducing and changing the number of trains all week (from the page I linked above).

Reckon you'll be home in 10 days @Rholtby:innocent:

:happy2:

I'll swim if I have to.

There no queues for tourist this morning at euro tunnel but still a 4km queue of freight traffic both directions. I'll know more this afternoon

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 01:16:18 pm »
^ What are you in, a HGV or something mate? @Rholtby

Why's there still days worth of freight backed up, are they not even clearing a percentage of the backlog every hour/half day/day?

Seems very strange, surely EU health and safety is well and truly breached now?

Must be a pi** take to watch the tourist traffic saunter by...  :ashamed: :confused: :sad1:
Pete

Offline Rholtby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 08:29:29 pm »
@rdfcpete nah mate I work over here, something to do with the boarders.

Yeah it probably is. They've had medical staff going up and down checking on the drivers and giving out water from what I've seen.

The freight queues are getting smaller but it's going to take days to clear as Calais is only running partially, the euro tunnel gets queues for freight on a normally anyway. It's just a poor system going in

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 09:34:04 pm »
@rdfcpete nah mate I work over here, something to do with the boarders.

Yeah it probably is. They've had medical staff going up and down checking on the drivers and giving out water from what I've seen.

The freight queues are getting smaller but it's going to take days to clear as Calais is only running partially, the euro tunnel gets queues for freight on a normally anyway. It's just a poor system going in

Ah, Mi6.

I get it  :wink: :evilgrin:

Just had this vision taking 7 hours to get there and missing my original train when we head down in week or so.
Didn't realise the tourist traffic was able to board ahead of the freight and so on, so forth...

I'd have been there early anyway, but reckon we should arrive an hour before check in opens?  :happy2:
Pete

Offline Rholtby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 06:39:01 am »
Yeah something like that  :P

Euro tunnels usually how I travel and when I'm early the auto checkin gives me the earlier ticket for nothing usually.

06:00 this morning, the traffic still backed up but its on the hard shoulder. They are attempting to open Calais full time today. P&O have been running a ferry an hour. Problem is there's still disgruntled staff on the 2 boats that are moored in Calais. These are likely to be the ones who cause further disruption in the coming days

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:56:40 am by Rholtby »